Rear Wheel Width

/ Rear Wheel Width #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
Whilst thumbing through some of my old tractor picts, I notice I had one of my tractor as I found it on the dealer's lot. What I found interesting was that it showed the rear wheels set narrow (for pulling a cart through apple orchards). Before I took delivery, I had the wheels set wide to better cope with my hilly property.

I know that some TBN'ers have inquired about just how much difference you can get by reversing rims 'n' such, so I thought I'd post a before-and-after shot here (attached). The "after" is unfortunately a little cluttered with ROPS rack stuff and a box blade, but if you use the right-hand tail light as a reference, you can guage the difference in settings.

Hope this helps somebody. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 37-82475-WheelWidth.jpg
    37-82475-WheelWidth.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 268
   / Rear Wheel Width #2  
Harv

Yes I did the same with mine, just reversed the wheels.

Did you do the fronts as well? I have yet to do that.

Had all sorts of trouble raising the rear, well raising was OK, just keeping it from tipping over (2 wheel drive) was hard.

Tried to jam something under the front axle pivot but didn't seem to help.

Cheers

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>

/ Rear Wheel Width #3  
PS - Harv, I can't see your website properly. The left side won't display ???

/ Rear Wheel Width
<font color=blue>Did you do the fronts as well?</font color=blue>

Everything is now set as wide as it can go, but you know, I don't specifically recall how the fronts were originally set. I assumed the fronts and rears are usually set the same. Anybody know? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

<font color=blue>I can't see your website properly. The left side won't display ???</font color=blue>

Dang! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Most of my websites got migrated to a whizzy new server as of last Thursday. I had no choice, really, but I assumed it would be a good thing. Been finding/fixing problems ever since. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Hadn't looked at my tractor page since then, so I'm glad you brought it to my attention, Neil. Now let's see how long it takes me to fix it. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Harv on 11/12/01 08:45 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Rear Wheel Width #5  
Glad to be of help Harv !!

Crawl grovel grovel etc. - Is now a good time to ask how hard it would be for you to make me a little Neil Kubota signature???

/ Rear Wheel Width #6  
Harv, I was going to turn my front wheels around to but the manual say's you shouldn't do that. I don't know why? Maybe it's just a New Holland thing.