rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader

/ rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader #1  

swelltimes

Tractor
John Deere 750 SCUT with 67 loader

My selective valve / loader control levers don't have any detent for float on the boom (left lever), nor does it have the small piece that would have been the mechanical block for the float option.

Anybody tried to rebuild one of these 2-lever SCVs? I've looked around but haven't found a parts / rebuild kit. My FSM shows a testing and rebuilding procedure, but I can't find the parts kit anywhere online or locally.​

And, seems like a few folks have successfully converted to a single lever system, so I'd like to go that route eventually. Still would like to get the SCV working, though.

Would love to know what other folks have done over the years.​

/ rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader

Attachments

• 67 loader control  pistons.jpg
    67 loader control pistons.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 285
  • 67 loader selctive valve.jpg
    67 loader selctive valve.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 443
  • more 67 loader selective valve.jpg
    more 67 loader selective valve.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 231

/ rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader #3  
Go to Surplus Center and look at their joy stick SCV's. Figure how to plumb one in place of yours.

No need to duplicate your posts.

Go to Surplus Center and look at their joy stick SCV's. Figure how to plumb one in place of yours.

No need to duplicate your posts.
OK. I didn't want to hijack the OP's thread, so reposted here.

Will check out Surplus Center.

Would still like to rebuild my current SCV to keep learning and working on my mechanical skills, and also think I could sell that to finance the joy stick purchase and other projects.

Has anybody out there worked on an SCV like this?

Trying to get a sense of if it's worth me tearing into it and trying to find replacements for any worn seals / parts.

/ rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader #6  
Not to hijack a thread but my 2130 scv is leaking a small amount. In parts it shows the lever but mine doesn’t have levers. You just push the receptacle rearward through the block and connect the male hose. Not sure if it was meant to have the locking clips/levers? They look genuine and are still the cone shape from the 30 series era.

/ rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader #7  
My guess is you're referring to the economy type breakaway couplers offered as an option when your tractor was new. You probably need to replace o-ring(item 18) & backup washer(item 19)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-23 062223.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-23 062223.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
   / rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader #8  
Have you looked on JDparts?
750float.JPG

/ rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader #9  
IMG_2394.JPG

Sure have Zebra. This is what I found.
Also shows this one in my tech manual.
I never knew there was an economy component option.
I guess it will be easier to rebuild as reading shows people have lots of trouble with the small o rings top and bottom of the locking shaft.
Jim, do these economy scv’s work as well or do they have a tendency to remove themselves?
I would think being able to pull out could save me some costly repairs in the long run.

/ rebuild selective control valve, JD 750 with 67 loader #10  
Ausmac
I confused as usual. Which type breakaway coupler with "no levers" does your tractor have? Both types are listed in PC4143