Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse #1  

Plantguy

Tractor
@1985 Troy Bilt Horse
Just wanted to say hi everyone. I'm recently retired, and am starting to rebuild/refurbish my Troybilt tiller. It's been sitting in the garage for 15 years or so, so I have no idea what I'll find. Hope I can get some tips here when I run into a wall. Have a great week.

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse #2  
Welcome aboard! I did the oil seals on mine last year. I have the owner's manual and parts diagram. If you need any info, let me know!

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse #3  
WELCOME!! go over to the intro. page and introduce yourself if you haven't already done so! The horse is a REAL tiller! I have 4 of them and a couple of the tuffy's!-- Do a lot of gardening with them.---LOT'S of TB help on this site for them!

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse #4  
WELCOME!! go over to the intro. page and introduce yourself if you haven't already done so! The horse is a REAL tiller! I have 4 of them and a couple of the tuffy's!-- Do a lot of gardening with them.---LOT'S of TB help on this site for them!

I still have my 1986 TroyBilt also.....but don't use it any more.
My 60" King Kutter is a "REAL tiller"....and is real easy to use, for a real old guy like me.

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse
Thanks. I'm sure I'll be using a lot of penetrating oil and just rust busting the first few days.

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse #6  
I also have a big KK tiller.--mine is the 72" jobbie! thanks; sonny580

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse #7  
Thanks. I'm sure I'll be using a lot of penetrating oil and just rust busting the first few days.

Good luck getting those wheels off!! I had to weld a big nut on the end of each hub and thread in a grade 8 bolt to push it off the axle. A grade 5 bolt turned to mush. Big bolts too, maybe 7/8. And when I say thread in, I mean with an air gun and I had to heat the hub with the oxy acetylene torch too.

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse #9  
Just wanted to say hi everyone. I'm recently retired, and am starting to rebuild/refurbish my Troybilt tiller. It's been sitting in the garage for 15 years or so, so I have no idea what I'll find. Hope I can get some tips here when I run into a wall. Have a great week.

I have one like this that sat for 20 years and all I did was a tuneup and she cranked right up.

1 forecast.jpg

/ Rebuilding my @1985 Troybilt Horse
Well, I got the tiller out and cleaned up a bit. After a little TLC, and cleaning the spark plug, it cranked right up. However I found a problem. It looks like the throttle cable was replaced by someone incorrectly, and it won't respond to the throttle control on the handles. I'll post a photo tomorrow to see if anyone can give me advice. I can't find a photo of how it's supposed to be online anywhere. It runs pretty good, just in idle. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate them. I'm skunked. Apparently, there are a lot of configurations of Tecumseh 6hp engines, but few illustrations on a HH60 engine on one.