Recommended add-ons for new BX2350?

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #1  

bravo36

Tractor
BX2350
Just ordered front and rear Bro-Tek skid plates for my incoming tractor. Anyone care to suggest any other add-ons for a newbie? All suggestions/advice appreciated.

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #2  
Hi in no particular order.

Know you can't really use 60 mmm with front skid plate installed at least with deck in upper/transport position learned hard way

4 of the tri wheel dollies about 8" across to put under 60 mmm deck wheels to make remove install easier about $5 a piece use fel to raise front and roll out.

about 18" to 2' 1/4" chain quick link and 3/8 grab hook to put into front knuckle of fel to lift things esp if bucket hooks not welded on

2 20' log chains and slip grab hooks and 1/2" eye bolts with extra nuts I cut 1 chain into a 3' 4' and 2 6' pieces and put hooks on both ends put eye bolts into back blade box blade and carry all use 3/4' chain to lift with hook on bucket also mmm to sharpen/store during winter or just move.

A quick attach 3 pt hitch like the $70 from harbor freight (easy fix to use look up) or a swing arm one like Pat's easy hitch if width of hog/blade not standard cat 1 remember stuff down da road. Your back will LOVE you 4 this

A fiberglass sun shade about $215 on ebay to put on ROPS for shade or rain/snow up here. even a free slogan on back.

$10 pair of driving lights that clamp into sunshade brace or just aloneon rops for nite use (really handy burn mine whenever running with a yellow flasher going also) see how FEL blocks stock headlites also if get the sunshade a handy place to put a RTV rear view mirror (5 panel $25) to see whats coming up behind you while deaf with motor running

some extra lynch 3pt top link pins etc. shear pins for your hog?

a draw bar or clevis for pulling

tools/box shovel small first aid kit and I have a fire extingisher on ROPS just for CYA

I have yet to drill any holes in anything use large diameter hose clamps or u bolts for some

one of these days will take pics and post

You can't buy EVERYTHING at once.

Pat E

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #3  
Two of the best additions that I've done are the telescoping stabilizer links and the Pats Easy Change system. Good call on the skid plate especially if you will be in the bush, no fun changing the plastic fan.

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350?
That's why I liked this site the first time I found it. Good common sense responses from veterans like you guys, which will probably help save my butt somewhere down the road.

That's quite the list Pat. I sincerley appreciate the effort and thought you put into this. I printed out your list and will start gathering things up one by one.

Good call on the Pat's Easy Change, Milkman. I've been reading about that but was undecided. You just convinced me. Not sure what a telescoping stabilizer link is yet, but I will find out.

Thank you both for the advice.

Kevin

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #5  
Gotta get a toothbar. It is simply amazing how much more useful the FEL is with a toothbar.

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #6  
bravo36 said:
Good call on the Pat's Easy Change, Milkman. I've been reading about that but was undecided. You just convinced me. Not sure what a telescoping stabilizer link is yet, but I will find out.

Thank you both for the advice.

Kevin

Here's just one link about the stabilzer links that does away with the turnbuckles that are time consuming to adjust with a wrench. You can just bolt them on to the parts you have, this link is just some finishing touches that I added.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/47770-stabilizer-links-bx2200.html

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #7  
   / Recommended add-ons for new BX2350?
I can see where a toothbar will come in handy. These bolt on, right? Thanks for the stabilizer link Milkman.

Keep those good suggestions coming.

/ Recommended add-ons for new BX2350? #9  
A versatile and inexpensive attachment is a carry-all. You can use it to carry around all kinds of stuff, and it can serve as a mounting platform for an electric sprayer, a PTO powered generator, etc. Some cost barely over a hundred bucks.