Recommended laser for fencing property lines?

/ Recommended laser for fencing property lines?
The laser I bought was junk and I'm returning it. Back to the drawing board to look for a good laser!

/ Recommended laser for fencing property lines? #32  
when I was a building a few fences, I took a pair of binoculars, and sat them on top of one post, and sighted through to the far post, and I had a helper, (we took a piece of twine 100 feet long, or so, and and when the water filled bottle came up to the post, he stopped and via the binoculars, he help up a taller post, and when it was in line drove a 3/8 steel rod, (electric fence post), and we did the 1/2 mile that way, after a few posts were in my helper could nealy line up on the driven posts, and was with in a inch or two normally, tried to keep the fence with in and 1/2" of straight, we used the small two way radios and hand signals, the hand signals were actually easier to use, then I went back and drove wood posts, at the steel posts, stretched out my barbed wire and when back in a drove steel Tee post, in between the wood posts, I think that fence was with in an inch of straight,

ended up building about two and a half, more miles of fence later that year using the same method,

/ Recommended laser for fencing property lines? #33  
My father and I decided to make a new fence, he taught me how to make it properly and sometimes my friend came to us to learn too. When we started putting up the fence, we identified our working and universal scheme for installing them, but something went wrong and a friend suggested that we contact the company about this. We found a suitable option on https://www.walshlandscaping.co.uk/services/fencing-contractors-maidenhead-ascot/ and we were installed as needed. We also told them about our scheme and said that it was incomplete. The company also provides services for the installation of the lawn and we think to change it immediately in this company, so as not to look for a new one, because we are really happy with the result.

Last edited:
   / Recommended laser for fencing property lines? #34  
I had to rebuild the barbed wire fence around my property. 1320' x 2640'. I used 300 feet of 1/4" nylon rope and a 6X rifle scope mounted on a camera tripod. Took six months of working evenings to get a good tight 4-strand barbed wire fence reinstalled.

/ Recommended laser for fencing property lines? #35  
My father and I decided to make a new fence, he taught me how to make it properly and sometimes my friend came to us to learn too. When we started putting up the fence, we identified our working and universal scheme for installing them, but something went wrong and a friend suggested that we contact the company about this. We found a suitable option on https://www.walshlandscaping.co.uk/services/fencing-contractors-maidenhead-ascot/ and we were installed as needed. We also told them about our scheme and said that it was incomplete. The company also provides services for the installation of the lawn and we think to change it immediately in this company, so as not to look for a new one, because we are really happy with the result.
????

/ Recommended laser for fencing property lines? #36  
^ The thread is over a year old.

/ Recommended laser for fencing property lines? #37  
As a side note - my method of installation/rebuilding ( post #34 ) worked well. This is because most all my 80 acres is open range land. I think the human eye and some type of scope mounted on a tripod and a string/rope will be just as good as most any normal consumer laser.

You want higher accuracy. Then move up to Trimble, Nikon or Spectra equipment. You will soon see that the price of this equipment plus the cost of learning how to use it just might exceed the land value.