Recommended wood stove brands

/ Recommended wood stove brands #21  
Blaze King catalytic here installed as a hearth stove. Very happy with heat output and burns all night on low damper setting.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #22  
The OP's cabin is only 660 sq ft and we don't know how tight or insulated it is.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #23  
Here's a picture of install

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_194156344.jpg
    IMG_20210908_194156344.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 55
   / Recommended wood stove brands #24  
Our Avalon Mission wood stove does a great job heating our 2000 sq ft L-shaped ranch house, up north near the Canadian border. The colder it gets outside, the better that wood heat feels, inside the house. It makes living here thru the winter very comfortable.

I like the glass doors on front, so you can see the fire. It seems a waste of that, to put a wood stove in the basement. Mess is minimized, by keeping the wood outside on a porch, with the door right next to the stove.

We have had that stove about to 18 years, and if has been trouble free. I clean the chiming once a year s as of creosote build up is never that bad.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #25  
I've got the Hearthsone Heritage free standing stove. Heats my 1600sq ft house with no problem.

/ Recommended wood stove brands
The OP's cabin is only 660 sq ft and we don't know how tight or insulated it is.
Roof is R40, comes with the kit. The walls are supplied by me and plan to do spray foam.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #27  
With 660sqft, R40 ceilings & spray foamed walls... just rub a couple of matchsticks together & your good.. :LOL:

but seriously you need to really consider this... purchasing many of the stoves mentioned here (even though they are good) may not work for your tight space - they mat just put out too much heat or worse you will be throttling them in & out of optimal burn. Some will be fine but some are just to many btu's for a tight sealed 660sqft space.

Another thing to think about with a air tight space is looking at a stove that can be connected to an outside air intake, makes a big difference in tight buildings, stoves need to draw air.

As I mentioned previously we are running a Hearthstone Heritage Soapstone Stove, we run an outside air intake connected directly to it. I spray foamed the house as we remodeled each section & I can keep the first floor at 70 - 71 degrees & the second floor at 66-68 degrees with the furnace not running... the best part is I can run the stove in optimal burn yet the stove is only radiating between 350 - 475 degrees because of the thickness of the soapstone, so it doesn't bake you out...

/ Recommended wood stove brands #28  
I've heard really good things about the Quadfire wood stoves as a friend of mine has had the same one for over 25years. Had to replace some components that eroded over the years but it seems to be a nicely built stove at that time. I've had a Hearthstone woodstove in place for nearly 28 years. I need to replace the baffle every 7-8 years but other than that no issues. No searing heat like a cast iron/steel stove since it is made out of soapstone but takes a couple of hours to fully heat up. If you keep it fired it outputs a good amount of heat even after it the wood burns out.
Yes, Quadrafire seems to be a solid choice for wood, pellet, and gas stoves. One thing I like is they supply parts for decades. I used to have 2 Quadrafire pellet stoves, one in the basement, one in the living room. One was 20+ years old but the internal parts interchanged with the new one that I bought. When I converted to natural gas, I replaced the older living room stove with a new Quadrafire gas stove. They are well worth considering.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #29  
With 660sqft, R40 ceilings & spray foamed walls... just rub a couple of matchsticks together & your good.. :LOL:

but seriously you need to really consider this... purchasing many of the stoves mentioned here (even though they are good) may not work for your tight space - they mat just put out too much heat or worse you will be throttling them in & out of optimal burn. Some will be fine but some are just to many btu's for a tight sealed 660sqft space.

Another thing to think about with a air tight space is looking at a stove that can be connected to an outside air intake, makes a big difference in tight buildings, stoves need to draw air.

As I mentioned previously we are running a Hearthstone Heritage Soapstone Stove, we run an outside air intake connected directly to it. I spray foamed the house as we remodeled each section & I can keep the first floor at 70 - 71 degrees & the second floor at 66-68 degrees with the furnace not running... the best part is I can run the stove in optimal burn yet the stove is only radiating between 350 - 475 degrees because of the thickness of the soapstone, so it doesn't bake you out...
Good point about the size of the cabin. If power is dependable in the op’s location, I would consider a pellet stove with thermostatic control. I doubt it would use much pellets to heat such a small space.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #30  
35-40 years ago my dad always had a Buck wood stove. That was before they all had glass fronts to see the fire. It had a round vent control on the front that was very accurate and provided low heat for a long time.