Recover electric fence?

/ Recover electric fence? #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Who's got the best free/cheap method to spoil your electric fence wire back up to move it? Made a giant ball of yarn looking thing with my rope and that worked okay but don't thing that's what I want to do with the wire:eek:

/ Recover electric fence? #2  

Mendonsy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500HST/LA302
Old wood wire spools work OK, but winding the wire on them is definitely a pain!

/ Recover electric fence? #3  

Gunny

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2920, D1850FD
Find a real army surplus place that has the old commo wire reels with the winding handle, RL-39-B reeling kit. Comes with a shoulder strap and a carrying handle that opens up into a stand for the reel and a winding handle.

I've had one for years, works great for winding up 300-600 feet of fence wire, never did any more than that.

It would also be nice to have at least one extra reel, the Dr-8

Just looked them up, a quick search shows this: MX-6895/TT WD-36/TT

Using that as a search base, I'd say you could run some down quite a bit cheaper than this

/ Recover electric fence? #4  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
This thing.

33656_l.jpg

FARM SHOW - Cordless Drill-Powered Wire Winder

Bruce

/ Recover electric fence? #5  

flyerdan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Hyster H50 Bobcat M700
Welding wire spools are handy to have around for things like this, anyone who works in a fab shop (or knows someone who does) should have access to several a month that would just get discarded otherwise.

/ Recover electric fence?
OP
S

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Find a real army surplus place that has the old commo wire reels with the winding handle, RL-39-B reeling kit. Comes with a shoulder strap and a carrying handle that opens up into a stand for the reel and a winding handle.

I've had one for years, works great for winding up 300-600 feet of fence wire, never did any more than that.

It would also be nice to have at least one extra reel, the Dr-8

Just looked them up, a quick search shows this: MX-6895/TT WD-36/TT

Using that as a search base, I'd say you could run some down quite a bit cheaper than this

That's a great idea, don't know why I didn't think of one... it's part of my job.

/ Recover electric fence? #10  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I have a couple of reels with winding handles. One is from a large extension cord and the other is from a old 1/2" garden hose. Both work well.