Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think?

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #1  

Jack K

Tractor
NH TC33D
I'm looking to get a new L&G tractor. The local store carries RedMaX - a brand I've never heard of. Apparently they are part of the Husqvarna family. The TT2348F model seems like a good tractor for my 3-acre lawn. Anybody have any advice or opionions of RedMax? thanks

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #2  
The trans in that one is not the greatest, but a little better one than most.
If I was going to purchase, I would upgrade to the next one, much better trans (K-66) and has a manual diff lock. It's only a $300 upgrade to the next model...

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #3  
I recall few days ago how another member wrote that in his opinion these type lawn tractors will generally last 1 year per each $1000 dollars spent!

Not sure how accurate that is, but I will keep my 1976 John Deere 300

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #4  
The national average is 4.5 years and annual use of 38 hours. The average on push type mowers is 3.5 years with a annual use of just 12 hours.

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #5  
The truth is that if you are handy with a welder and some tools you can keep most homeowner level products running for many years. Even engines can last with some minor maint every year on them. And some of those old Cub Cadets are 50 years old now and still running. Those were the definition of a lifetime of use.

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #6  
Guess I'm on borrowed time with my CC M50 Tank ZT. 12 years and 1100 hours, mowing the farm lawn and 2 rentals. A few spindles, a few drive belts, changing the oil and filters on the Hydro Gear pumps, engine oil and filter and a couple valve adjustments... runs like a top. New blades every spring too. Forgot that.

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #7  
The Redmax looks like a Husky with no gauges, cheaper deck and an engine with a bit less power. And different paint and seat. But it's only a few hundred dollars less than the equivalent Husky.

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #8  
Tuff Torque transmissions don't have the best reputation either.

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think? #9  
I may have gotten lucky, but my Craftsman GTS6500 is still going strong since 2006. I have beaten and abused this tractor, cutting 5 acres of rough and bumpy field grass, pulled a utility trailer hauling mulch or dirt. Probably has 8-900 hours on it.

I found out last year that the trans is a K-66 and can be serviced.... did that and it's like a new machine. I had to replace all 4 tires, basically dry rotted and cracked, they would go flat in about an hour after filling. I have replaced the blades at least 6 times.... just wore them down to nothing....

It has the Kohler 26hp twin, had to adjust the valves twice, and replace the fuel pump. Changed the oil every season.

The surprising thing when I looked at those tractors, the dash cowling is identical to the one on my Craftsman.... even the ignition switch, light switch, and hour meter.....

/ Redmax Riding Mower - what do you think?
Thanks for all the replies and comments. I ended up buying the RedMax YT2348F about a month ago, and I'm happy with it so far.