Regen for DK5510

/ Regen for DK5510 #1  

bill9068

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5510, Kubota BX25D, Bobcat S130, Bobcat 742.
Curious to know how often your tractor goes in regen? Mine has done it once at about 70 hrs, I’m now at 140 ish so I’m due soon.

/ Regen for DK5510 #2  
It should be an automatic regen, and the regen light will turn on to notify you its in regen mode. My kioti CK4010 is on about a 28hr regen cycle. I do advise when your nearing a regen cycle, you can sometimes trigger the automatic regen by running the tractor at higher RPM's while working, and that creates the hot exhaust which encourages regen.

/ Regen for DK5510
Yes, I know it’s automatic, was curious when others are going into regen hour wise. Mines 70ish yours is 28, depending on how you operate I suppose.

/ Regen for DK5510 #4  
I have not seen any 70 hour regen cycles reported on this tractor forum. Most tractors seem to be in the 25 to 45 hour regen cycles. Its certainly possible that larger tractors have longer regen periods.

Its also very possible you have had automatic regens occur and you were not aware of the fact. My regens occur about every 28 hours, but when they do occur, they last about 10 minutes. I know of several instances, while working with my tractor, I had the typical Sulphur smell of a regen and when I looked at the dash, I saw the regen light was already on. Had I not detected the odor, I would have missed knowing the regen cycle occurred.

How you operate certainly varies the regen cycle. Theorectically, the lower your working engine rpm, the faster you fill the DPF with diesel soot, the shorter and more frequent your regen cycle.

/ Regen for DK5510 #5  
NX5510 HST Cab....my 2 auto regens have both been right at 45 and 47 hours using a rotary/flail/finish at PTO RPM with maybe 15 hours of each cycle using the grapple, land plane, or other ground implement with the linked pedal function.

/ Regen for DK5510 #6  
70hrs is the highest I have heard so far. How hard you work it, and for how long each time its started, seems to be the key to long intervals.

/ Regen for DK5510
You will definitely know when my tractor regens. The light comes on and the engine power fades a bit. I just take it to the field and park it and set the regen. Takes about 20 minutes or so. I don’t operate my tractor hard, I make it work but not abuse it. I use my tractor once a week for about an hour or two. It’s at my second home an hour away. Mainly used for road leveling and depending on the season discing and gathering firewood.

Attachments

• B7F8E137-5DF7-4643-91AD-82F123F5EED5.jpeg
    B7F8E137-5DF7-4643-91AD-82F123F5EED5.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 73