Removing floor of Grand L?

/ Removing floor of Grand L? #1  

vvanders

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4760
Went to go crank the L4760 this afternoon and was greeted with a couple errors on the dash around PTO switch and F/R HST sensors not working correctly. Shut the machine down and took a look, somehow a rat took up residence right under the floorboard behind the steering column. Argh.

Looking at the WSM it seems like it got only one of the wiring harnesses(PTO and HST are on same cable). The transmissions section describes how to remove the floor, however it seems to require a hoist and removing the seat + all rear linkages.

Is there a simpler way to get access? The tractor is outside, uncovered and I can't move it(unless you count using the loader to push it). I'm handy enough to splice the harness back together but getting access seems like a royal pain.

/ Removing floor of Grand L? #2  
Went to go crank the L4760 this afternoon and was greeted with a couple errors on the dash around PTO switch and F/R HST sensors not working correctly. Shut the machine down and took a look, somehow a rat took up residence right under the floorboard behind the steering column. Argh.

Looking at the WSM it seems like it got only one of the wiring harnesses(PTO and HST are on same cable). The transmissions section describes how to remove the floor, however it seems to require a hoist and removing the seat + all rear linkages.

Is there a simpler way to get access? The tractor is outside, uncovered and I can't move it(unless you count using the loader to push it). I'm handy enough to splice the harness back together but getting access seems like a royal pain.

I store all my engine powered machinery inside, and with DeCon attached.
If you are concerned about domestic animals, just put the stuff somewhere your animals can't reach it, and tie it on.

/ Removing floor of Grand L? #3  
I wish I had some advise but unfortunately I don't. I would however like to know what "Decon" is. I've had some problems with pack rats in the past and would like to avoid more in the future.

/ Removing floor of Grand L? #4  
Decon is pellets (grain based I suppose, attractive to rodents) laced with coumarin (a blood thinner), it causes the rodent to bleed internally and die.

/ Removing floor of Grand L? #5  
Edit: post below is right - mine was prunes.

Last edited:
   / Removing floor of Grand L? #6  
I think he's talking 60 series not 40.

On the 40s you can pull the steering shaft and clutch pull rod then 2 front cab mount bolts and carefully jack the front of the cab on both sides (2 people) and support with 5 x 5 wood blocks between the cab and frame mounts.

Much easier access to wiring and no seat removal needed. My guess is that 60 series is different because of the fuel tank and things.

/ Removing floor of Grand L?
Yep, rather than try to jury-rig anything turns out KTAC covers "infestation" so just going that route.

Only downside is looks like I'll be without a machine for about a month or so.