Reneck move of the day...

/ Reneck move of the day... #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Stopped to get gas, got back into the truck, and the right side of the step bar had been so rusted out, it finally came off with my weight on it (22 year old truck). Only issue, left side of the bar would not come off no matter how much I twisted and bended it (I tried for a good 10 minutes at the gas station which was kind of funny in itself).

Had a tie down strap that was put to good use. Had to drive about 90 minutes in the left lane to Tennessee where a buddy had a saw to finally take it off.

When I pulled in to meet them for lunch, they all got a really good laugh out of it. Reminded me when my muffler was hanging and I couldn't get if off, and had to use a section of a roll of 3/8 copper tubing to hang it to get by. I'll carry some meters for tools in the truck, but may have to start carrying a saw.

T.png

/ Reneck move of the day... #2  
I had an old Ford van that spit off a fan blade. Shook like crazy. In order to continue on to work, I had to crawl underneath and bend the opposite blade back and forth until it broke. I was wearing a suit at the time. Got it done but had a big blister on my palm for a week.

/ Reneck move of the day... #3  
Wonder how many people snap photo on there phones :)

/ Reneck move of the day... #4  
If it looks whacked, but it works, it's not whacked.

/ Reneck move of the day... #5  
Spend the extra $$ and get the stainless bars next time.:thumbsup:

/ Reneck move of the day... #6  
Spend the extra $$ and get the stainless bars next time.:thumbsup:

Agreed. They should not have rusted off after only 22 years. They don't make them like they used to. ;)

/ Reneck move of the day... #7  
I had an old Ford van that spit off a fan blade. Shook like crazy. In order to continue on to work, I had to crawl underneath and bend the opposite blade back and forth until it broke. I was wearing a suit at the time. Got it done but had a big blister on my palm for a week.

Sounds like you may have been lucky in any case...the only instance like that I know of, the broken fan blade went straight up and through the hood.

/ Reneck move of the day... #9  
Sounds like you may have been lucky in any case...the only instance like that I know of, the broken fan blade went straight up and through the hood.
Yup, Lady Luck was with me that day. On that same van with a unitized body, the steering gear pulled right off its mount due to rust. Fortunately it happened in a parking maneuver. No fixing that, it went to the junk yard.

/ Reneck move of the day... #10  
You might be a RENECK if ...... you can't spell REDNECK!