Reneck move of the day...

/ Reneck move of the day... #11  
My son lives in Spokane. The Highway Dept uses some type of liquid for snow/ice melt. His running boards lasted four years on his pickup. It was an UGLY scene - trying to get the old units off. The bars themselves came off pretty easy, actually, they fell off - it was the attachment points and the bolts that were tough.

Out here - on the county roads - they do something else. Whatever it is - the running boards on my 2005 F-150 are still as good as brand new.

I desperately try to NEVER go into Spokane, in the winter, with my pickups.

/ Reneck move of the day... #12  
We were hunting deer with my BIL, and the rear tire kept rubbing on his beater car. I looked underneath and the mount for the trailing arm from his rear axle had rusted out (it was only connected to one side!). We jacked up the car and secured it with a ratchet strap. Finished the day of hunting and then he drove it 60 miles home.

He took it into the shop, and they were horrified. They said they were concerned about driving it 60 feet, let alone 60 miles. The thing is, my BIL is so slap happy, I'm not sure how long he had been driving it in it's damaged condition before I did a "bush fix".

/ Reneck move of the day... #13  
Well you rebuild something worn heavy or out to make it better or as near as new as possible. So maybe reneck is a rebuilt redneck?

/ Reneck move of the day... #16  
The tie strap would be rigneck, wouldn't it?
Me I'd let it drag with sparks flying until it ground itself off. Leave it for some sucker on a bike or small car to find.

/ Reneck move of the day...
Spend the extra $$ and get the stainless bars next time.:thumbsup:

I don't disagree. Truck was bought used with 65k on it (always pay cash looking for best deal) and those are the bars that came with it. Bought that truck (T-100) after I got married because my Toyota at the time was a regular cab and I needed some extra room from my wifes yellow lab. Truck still runs fine, got my money's worth out of it, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd go crew cab V-8 (only thinking 5 years down the road and not 10-15 years when I bought it).

/ Reneck move of the day...
My son lives in Spokane. The Highway Dept uses some type of liquid for snow/ice melt. His running boards lasted four years on his pickup. It was an UGLY scene - trying to get the old units off. The bars themselves came off pretty easy, actually, they fell off - it was the attachment points and the bolts that were tough.

Out here - on the county roads - they do something else. Whatever it is - the running boards on my 2005 F-150 are still as good as brand new.

I desperately try to NEVER go into Spokane, in the winter, with my pickups.

The toyota I traded in was a '95, had the truck all the time when I lived in West Virginia. Probably only had about 100k on it, but the guys couldn't believe the rust on the underside for being less than 10 years old. Never really understood what people meant by a "southern car" living in the north east. Between WV, NY and Pa, winters and stuff they use to clear the roads seem to take a toal pretty fast compared below the mason dixon line.