Repair cracked instrument panel YM2310?

/ Repair cracked instrument panel YM2310? #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
My instrument panel is cracked so along wwith other stuff I want to try fixing the cracks so they don't propagate. Anybody here done this?
Thanks,
Eric

/ Repair cracked instrument panel YM2310? #2  
My instrument panel is cracked so along with other stuff I want to try fixing the cracks so they don't propagate. Anybody here done this?
Thanks,
Eric

JB Weld is my go to for this type of repair. Get the version that is sandable to make it smooth . The back side can be thick or robust by creating your own plastic ribs for strength. Once finished and shaped, its ready for paint.

Last edited:
   / Repair cracked instrument panel YM2310? #3  
When a crack is only part way, the proper practice is to 'stop drill' it.
Technique is a tiny, like 1/8th drill hole, at the very end of a crack.
Heck we even practiced this technique on aircraft windshields. (pipers/cessnas. not Boeing 747's.)

/ Repair cracked instrument panel YM2310? #4  
Who was the why who built the custom wood dash cause his was so trashed. I think he had a 336 maybe? Was it Domush? Or was it somebody else? The guy I think had a busted gear in the trans or something did a whole in frame rebuild. He was into that tractor a lot. Everyone around here for 10 or more years will remember him. Thread was LONG!

/ Repair cracked instrument panel YM2310? #5  
Who was the why who built the custom wood dash cause his was so trashed. I think he had a 336 maybe? Was it Domush? Or was it somebody else? The guy I think had a busted gear in the trans or something did a whole in frame rebuild. He was into that tractor a lot. Everyone around here for 10 or more years will remember him. Thread was LONG!

I did see that thread and SAVED off those images. LOL

If a person has FreeCAD v19 loaded on their computer and access to a 3D Printer, anything is possible to build a dash to their liking. :)

/ Repair cracked instrument panel YM2310? #6  
Here is that Domush Yanmar Rebuild Thread. Not sure if the dash part is in it yet but the thread is fascinating reading so here it is. I remember it from years back and it's a great read.

Here's the wood dash cluster

On fixing a cracked dash, a small drilled hole will stop the crack but but I have found that dust will still get into my instrument cluster and make it not work for me. Even though I plug the small hole, the crack must vibrate enough to let dust in.

Last edited: