Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes

/ Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes #1  

Husaberger

Bronze Member
Tractor
L4740 HST, DK65S
The lug nuts and bolts on one of my rear wheels got loose and by the time I noticed, the holes in the disk were wallowed out
Don't feel paying for a new disk
Ideas on how to repair it appreciated

/ Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes #2  
At a tractor salvage yard you may find lower priced wheel centers or complete rims than those from your tractor dealer

I've seen "bolt circle rings" welded in, for repairs or changing bolt patterns. Maybe a truck wheel matches your bolt pattern. Cut it out and weld it into the tractor wheel center. It seemed to work at tractor or implement speeds.

Bruce

/ Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes #3  
Pictures of just what we are looking at would be helpful.

I dont understand the comment about not wanting to buy a new disc? Cant you just replace the wheel?

If its just a typical wheel with a somewhat standard bolt pattern....how much could a wheel cost?

Then there is the repair option. A competent welder/machinist should have no issues with such repair either

/ Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes #4  
   / Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes
At a tractor salvage yard you may find lower priced wheel centers or complete rims than those from your tractor dealer

I've seen "bolt circle rings" welded in, for repairs or changing bolt patterns. Maybe a truck wheel matches your bolt pattern. Cut it out and weld it into the tractor wheel center. It seemed to work at tractor or implement speeds.

Bruce
Thanks bcp
Got a link for these bolt circle rings?

Pictures of just what we are looking at would be helpful.

I dont understand the comment about not wanting to buy a new disc? Cant you just replace the wheel?

If its just a typical wheel with a somewhat standard bolt pattern....how much could a wheel cost?

Then there is the repair option. A competent welder/machinist should have no issues with such repair either
Repair info is what I'm after
Looking to hear from someone that's done it

Attachments

• rear wheel.png
    rear wheel.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Messicks.png
    Messicks.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 68
   / Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes #8  
So you are referring to the inner discs on your tractor rim? Heck, I thought you had wallowed out the rim on your pull behind disc harrow. I have no idea how heavy your tractor is but that's a risky repair in my opinion.

/ Repair of wallowed out rear wheel disk bolt holes #9  
Go to a local machine shop. They can build up the holes with TIG weld and then re-drill the bolt hole pattern on a mill.

Go to a local machine shop. They can build up the holes with TIG weld and then re-drill the bolt hole pattern on a mill.
That's what I was thinking
Hoping to do it myself with my drill press