Buying Advice Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab

KenGod

Silver Member
Tractor
CK2610HST
I broke my left door on a tree. My Kioti dealer wants $600 for the left door glass. Is there any after market places that I can purchase for less?
$600 seems excessive for one door glass.
My cab model #CKA132
Thanks

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Plexiglass cut on a band saw? Call a commercial glass installer and ask whats available from their insulated glass supplier.

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Check with a local glass company to see if they can supply or cut a safety glass replacement. I have read they can do it for flat panels.

If you substitute any type plastic you want to use polycarbonate (Lexan). NOT acrylic (Plexiglass).

arcadelt

Tractor
None
If the doors are anything like those on my CK4220, they are quite a specific design, with curved glass, holes for hinges and handles, and dust proof seals. Personally, I'd want the OEM item.

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Glass at retail is not glass at wholesale-this definitely includes vehicle windshields, plus it also comes in grades.
Flat safety glass is a fact. If flat, buy the plastic as a rectangle then bandsaw it out.

PILOON

Super Star Member
Tractor
MT180D
Actually @ $600 that is well in line with automotive glass prices and perhaps even on low side.
Big difference is due to lesser volume there are no aftermarket vendors.

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
Been there, done that!

Shell out for the proper door. That helps remind you to NOT do what you did to break the first one! I spent HOURS picking out glass from my woods after breaking my door; it was like staying behind in school to write "I will not..." a hundred times on the chalkboard!

TIP: ALWAYS close cab doors; no exceptions (otherwise you'll make excuses that will get you right back into this situation)

I had about 700 hrs on my NX when I blew out my left door. Considering the environment I have, all those predicting it to be idiocy to operate cabbed tractors in woods, I feel that it's really no more than normal wear and tear: of course, I'd have to go another 700 hrs to make this work out.