Replacement metal radiator screen on front of hood.

/ Replacement metal radiator screen on front of hood. #1  

kthompson

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubotas B2710, M6800, L6060 cab, Volvo EC excavator, 2 ZTRs and various implements.
I need to replace the black metal screen on front of the hood. Ripped my and called my dealership and a new one is $342. Found two other dealerships on line who were even little more. Anyone know of after market or other source than Kubota? If not think will be trying our hand at making one. Do have the old one for pattern.

Oh do install expanded metal or such on the front guard if you have a grapple. Was blessed only the screen was ripped and nothing behind it touched.

Almost forgot L6060 tractor.

/ Replacement metal radiator screen on front of hood. #3  
View attachment 651206. @#$% - darn, that IS a shame. I was on TBN more than two years before I bought my grapple. So, I had this grill guard modified prior to the grapple purchase. The right type of expanded metal replacement might not look bad, at all.

/ Replacement metal radiator screen on front of hood. #4  
Plastic grill parts can cost more! Having bars or expanded metal on both the grapple and grill guard help. Have repaired tractor grills with perforated metal. Metal supermarket or scrapyard can get expanded metal too.
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
Don’t forget to shield the lower space between the grill guard and grill. Sneaky sticks love to come up from the bottom.

/ Replacement metal radiator screen on front of hood.
cat_driver have message to them on a replacement. Thank you.

oosik and Smokeydog, are you comfortable with the size of the guard you have? I was planning to make one that would run from bottom of the Kubota guard to about level with hood and about two inches wider than Kubota guard on each side. will bolt to the Kubota guard most likely. Started out thinking expanded metal but have not found a very heavy grade of it and thinking about using 1/8 inch sheet metal up to the lights and there expanded metal. That would be about 36 inches tall and think 28 wide.

I feel fortunate to only have ripped the screen and damaged a cooler or radiator behind it.

/ Replacement metal radiator screen on front of hood. #6  
Yes and they have prevented damage. Lower 1/2” plate and 3/8” wall tubing is not too heavy for some of bush hogging I do. Also had to do with what was in the scrap pile. Like having a front bumper for protection. I have improved 6 different guards and like the M59 the best with the factory bonnet protector. That’s AR steel quarry screen used on it.

My lights are up on the 4pt ROPS which helps.

Expanded metal or thin metal gains a lot of strength by multiple attachments like tack welding. Bolting is more of a challenge. Know not everybody welds.

/ Replacement metal radiator screen on front of hood.

Thank you for this link. Not the correct part number but mine turned out to be about $20 less. To me that is amazing. My local was $355 for it and Messicks are about same price. So how are they that much lower? Had to order a light also, tree limb to the light in front of left door and they were also lower than the other two dealers, not much but still lower. Oh, watch those turn signals/indicator lamps in front of the doors, $140 range item. WOW. Not led either.