Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition

/ Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition #1  

deerefan

Veteran Member
Tractor
1952 8N, 2005 JD 5103
We were coming home Saturday and noticed the front a/c vents were not blowing. The back were blowing fine. After checking fuses (all checked ok), I found a source that said to strike the bottom of the motor, under the glove box passenger side, with a rubber hammer or palm of your hand. I did this and it started working again. I would like to replace the blower motor- anyone know how difficult it is? I have some mechanical experience, mainly on older vehicles.

/ Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition #2  
We were coming home Saturday and noticed the front a/c vents were not blowing. The back were blowing fine. After checking fuses (all checked ok), I found a source that said to strike the bottom of the motor, under the glove box passenger side, with a rubber hammer or palm of your hand. I did this and it started working again. I would like to replace the blower motor- anyone know how difficult it is? I have some mechanical experience, mainly on older vehicles.

You sure it's the blower motor. Reason I ask is my 2012 F150 had the blower motor quit working. After some research it was a $75 part that for a lack of a better term is the resistance pack for the blower motors variable speed pack. It was mounted in the duct under the glove box. Took 3 minutes to change.

I had a link on it called Fords Break. I'll bump it up for you.

Chris

/ Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition
You sure it's the blower motor. Reason I ask is my 2012 F150 had the blower motor quit working. After some research it was a $75 part that for a lack of a better term is the resistance pack for the blower motors variable speed pack. It was mounted in the duct under the glove box. Took 3 minutes to change.

Chris
That would be great, thanks Chris

/ Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition #4  
Same story here, my daughters car the blower stopped working at certain speeds. I replaced the resistor unit and it fixed it. On her car it looked like a heat sink.

/ Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition #5  
Same story here, my daughters car the blower stopped working at certain speeds. I replaced the resistor unit and it fixed it. On her car it looked like a heat sink.

That's what the Ford one looked like also. I have a picture of it on the other thread in a the first post.

Chris

That's what the Ford one looked like also. I have a picture of it on the other thread in a the first post.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I actually remember that thread. I found it odd it started blowing when I tapped it's housing under the dash, passenger side. Been working fine since. That was what led me to believe it was the blower, not resistor. But again, I am only guessing, shade tree mechanic at best.

/ Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition #7  
Just wait until your evap coil goes out at 70K like mine. Dealer wants $1800 to fix.

Update-bought the part from Ford, $74 blower control switch part number yh-1829-bl3z-19e624-a. Once I removed the old one, I saw the problem immediately- second prong from left has signs of overheating, discoloration and melted plastic.

Chris

And once again thanks Chris. It was exactly what you said it was and exactly where you said it was. Took a few minutes and back in business.

/ Replacing a/c blower motor-2013 Expedition #10  
And once again thanks Chris. It was exactly what you said it was and exactly where you said it was. Took a few minutes and back in business.

Good deal.

Mine had no signs of failure.

I don't usually throw parts at things but after a hour or so on the web I was 99% sure that I was on the right track so i was willing to take a $75 guess.

Chris