Chipper Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #51  
I have now is a Jimna 6 with geared feeder. I sharpened the roller teeth years ago and that has helped. I used to use it on my JD870 which was a 28HP tractor and it worked fine.
What I had and sold it for exactly what I paid for it. If you cut a hole in the backside of the flywheel housing the width of the knife and about 1" wide and cover it with a piece of metal (drill and tap the flywheel housing for the cover), you can cut the knife change time to about 15 minutes.

Had mine on the back of one of the M9 Kubota's which is extreme overkill so I added a Weasler slip clutch so I would not destroy the chipper. I ran 5" wood through it frequently.

Typical Chinese chipper, kind of crudely made but did the job. Thinking the Wood Max is also Chinese or at least the major parts are. Why it's taking so long to get one. Slow boat (container ship) from China.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #52  
When the outfit I retired from did a plant expansion, the land they were going to build on was mostly tree covered so the construction company hired a contractor with a trailer mounted chipper that ate whole trees in one shot. I mean like 15"+ diameter trunks. They'd shove the butt end in first and it would gobble up the tree in about 15 seconds. Had a big Cat diesel engine and it blew some serious smoke. The bed of the machine was a conveyor so it was self feeding. They had mountains of chips. Don't know what they did with them either, but they chipped everything. 2 days and they were all gone. Think it was a Vermeer.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #53  
When the outfit I retired from did a plant expansion, the land they were going to build on was mostly tree covered so the construction company hired a contractor with a trailer mounted chipper that ate whole trees in one shot. I mean like 15"+ diameter trunks. They'd shove the butt end in first and it would gobble up the tree in about 15 seconds. Had a big Cat diesel engine and it blew some serious smoke. The bed of the machine was a conveyor so it was self feeding. They had mountains of chips. Don't know what they did with them either, but they chipped everything. 2 days and they were all gone. Think it was a Vermeer.
Those big chippers are ued for whole tree processing into chips for partical board, not OSB, or for wood fired power generating plants. Gaylord, MI used to have a partical board there, and Graying, MI has an OSB plant and a wood fired power generator plant. Vermeer is one manufacturer and Morbark is another. (Morbark is made in MI.)

Now, back to the OP's chipper. Jon

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #54  
Bit large for a small tractor. I think I'd try to find a used one. Not much to go wrong with a chipper.

Sold mine in 1 day on CL. Was amazed at the number of calls I got.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #55  
What I had and sold it for exactly what I paid for it. If you cut a hole in the backside of the flywheel housing the width of the knife and about 1" wide and cover it with a piece of metal (drill and tap the flywheel housing for the cover), you can cut the knife change time to about 15 minutes.

Had mine on the back of one of the M9 Kubota's which is extreme overkill so I added a Weasler slip clutch so I would not destroy the chipper. I ran 5" wood through it frequently.

Typical Chinese chipper, kind of crudely made but did the job. Thinking the Wood Max is also Chinese or at least the major parts are. Why it's taking so long to get one. Slow boat (container ship) from China.
My Woodland Mills wc68 chip size. This is about a 4" butt end of a Spruce tree that was storm damaged. It is about 1/4" thick.

Attachments

• wood chip.jpg
    wood chip.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 75
   / Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please
bigtiller - that piece looks like a slice of my turkey dinner, now I'm hungry :)

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #57  
IF YOU GARDEN...

The chipper shredder combination is the best choice. MacKissick TPH-185 has served me well . Works with the 35 hp tractor as well as the 18 hp Kubota B7200.

If you are just going to blow the chips into the forest. Straight chippers like the Wallenstien are good..As are others.

When I can get "line clearing" chips. I run them through the shredder to make some very useful garden and landscaping material.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please
CalG - those are some good points, thanks.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #59  

The Woodmaxx mx88 is made in USA. Probibly why it’s backlogged. Can’t afford 50 people working 24/7 for $4.00 to put them together.