Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,031  
Yes… it is something we all face.

I think the most difficult is Alzheimer and physically frail.

Ive been around a lot of infirmed mentally sharp people and and being able to understand communicate goes a long way helping those around you.
Yep. We watched a neighbor take care of his wife that had dementia. The strain on him was awful and I could see him wasting away from the mental and physical effort. Thankfully, she eventually died and he was able to enjoy a few years during which time he remarried but then he had complications from surgery, and was bedridden. His second wife had cared for a bedridden husband for years before he died. Then she married our neighbor and in a few years she was taking care of her new husband. But at least he was mentally sound which makes the burden easier to handle.

A long time friend, spent decades taking care of her mother who had dementia. Eventually, the mother died, but then her father got dementia, and she spent more decades taking care of him. She has spent a good part of her adult life caring for parents with dementia and the burden on her has been tremendous to say the least. The only saving grace was that money was not an issue.

Later,
Dan

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,032  
From 95 to 2000 dad was suffering from cancer with radiation and chemo and kidney dialysis but he never gave up or complained… the most he would say is just not feeling up to it today but maybe tomorrow… he still was going to the office until the month he passed…

I Just didn’t realize how determined and strong he was at the time… always thinking about others…

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,033  
From 95 to 2000 dad was suffering from cancer with radiation and chemo and kidney dialysis but he never gave up or complained… the most he would say is just not feeling up to it today but maybe tomorrow… he still was going to the office until the month he passed…

I Just didn’t realize how determined and strong he was at the time… always thinking about others
That must be where you got it from. ;)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
#1,035  
Following David Sinclair and others I was aware of longevity research but this seems to be moving along quickly now.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,036  
Following David Sinclair and others I was aware of longevity research but this seems to be moving along quickly now.

Interesting, did you see the list of vegetables and fruit to eat (no meat) to get the same ingredient they putting in the pill?

#1,037  
Interesting, did you see the list of vegetables and fruit to eat (no meat) to get the same ingredient they putting in the pill?
"You can also ramp up your quercetin intake by eating more onions, apples (with the skin!), citrus fruits, and parsley. It can’t hurt, and these delicious foods are easy to find at your grocery store or local farmer’s market"

In 2014 I decided to stop eating for sickness and focus on eating for health. I did add quercetin when I learned about it.

I didn't want to start on Enbrel injections for pain management. Cutting out sugar and all forms of all grains saved me starting on Enbrel.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,038  
#1,039  
I would rather they focus on extending youth rather than helping old people take longer to die.
That is being tried today but the Young generation seem to be hell bent on shorting their health span.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,040  
That is being tried today but the Young generation seem to be hell bent on shorting their health span.
It's always been that way. We buried more friends in the first 5 years out of HS than in the years since then.