Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
#1,441  
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,442  
My oldest sister died of colon cancer at age 62. I have had 2 colonoscopies, first had some polyps, last was clear. About to have another as soon as my heart dr oks it. I’m guessing he will want me to see him first, collect his $.

#1,443  
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,444  
This same age story got my attention. A month ago I completed my last scheduled scope and still recovering from the stress on my body. I got one at 62 that was a clear as was this one at 71. Making it to age 70-75 without any health problems needing treatment can lengthen our runway. A clear scope after age 70 doesn't mean we are risk free for colon cancer but means the odds are stacked in our favor .
I want to say I had my last one when I was 68 (10 year schedule), I'm 72 now and the doctor told me I wouldn't need one again, in fact they didn't recommend them for people over 75 unless there've been problems in the past.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,445  
The last eye exam I had at a local eye clinic (wife had them remove both cataracts and corrective lens, now she doesn't wear glasses after 60+ years wearing them) when they gave me an eye exam it was a pretty brunette...I mean REALLY pretty. She made all tests but seemed in a hurry, probably heard my heavy breathing and said my vision was 20-20. The last part was the optometrist and I asked her how old he was. She said, "oh he's old...I mean really old...he's been here forever, he's ancient."
When I saw him I asked his age...he was a month younger than me! I felt 2" tall.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,446  
"my last scheduled scope"
Here they detected a possible enlarged appendix. Cat scan confirmed it, about the size of a good sized brat. Averted catastrophe one more time.

#1,447  
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,448  
I first saw this trend in Asian countries 50 years ago. We are just catching up. :)

#1,449  
I first saw this trend in Asian countries 50 years ago. We are just catching up. :)
In my area it looks more like the family home surrounded by one to eight house trailers.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #1,450  
The Walton's trend?

And we boomers couldn't wait to move out and be on our own for the most part, was even kind of a mark of shame if you were in your 20s and still living with your parents. I'm probably 2, 2½ hours away from any of my family members...just about right. Close enough to visit, but too far to just drop by all the time.
Of course a lot of Gen Z/millennials never really left home to begin with.

She said, "oh he's old...I mean really old...he's been here forever, he's ancient."
When I saw him I asked his age...he was a month younger than me! I felt 2" tall.
Heh. There's a small grocery store I go to where store policy is to ask anyone buying alcohol for their date of birth. More than once I've been behind someone who looked to be my age or maybe even a little older only to discover they were a good 10-12 years younger!