Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #41  
SS should Not be factored into retirement plans of those born in the past 30 years.
I agree. And a 30yr old or younger will need multiple millions of dollars in their retirement fund to have any kind of financial security/comfort in their later years.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #42  
College loan forgiveness is next…..
Free education, but will they EVER LEARN ANYTHING? :cry:
College. for most kids, not all but most, is a 'coming-of-age' party. A four year-long one.

Which I'm okay with. Most kids between the age of 18 and 22 aren't good for much anyway and with the current condition of our Union-Run High School system, they come out almost as dumb as they went in.

What I'm not okay with is the elitism that kids come out of College with. I blame that totally, completely and absolutely on Academia itself. There is no more arrogant, self-important group of people on the Planet than College faculty.

And no group less deserving

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #43  
So every one of you was at some point complaining about teen pregnancy and welfare, etc... but now you're concerned about teens not having an interest in sex.

🤣
Hmmmm, I think I've always been more concerned with personal responsibility but whatever you need to tell yourself.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #44  
Our kids turn 25 later this year and I am concerned when talking with that age group.
Not so much for me. My kids are just above and below that. They, their friends, their spouses are all employed or in school and have decent ambitions.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #45  
College loan forgiveness is next…..
Free education, but will they EVER LEARN ANYTHING? :cry:
I would love, love, LOVE for them to do that. It would be the end of that criminal-infested, diseased party. Their most loyal voters would turn on them.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #46  
College. for most kids, not all but most, is a 'coming-of-age' party. A four year-long one.

Which I'm okay with. Most kids between the age of 18 and 22 aren't good for much anyway and with the current condition of our Union-Run High School system, they come out almost as dumb as they went in.

What I'm not okay with is the elitism that kids come out of College with. I blame that totally, completely and absolutely on Academia itself. There is no more arrogant, self-important group of people on the Planet than College faculty.

Im right in the thick of the college zone. Im the chief “elitism deprogrammer” for my kids. Luckily, they dont buy into the faculty lounge garbage, so I must have prepped them well. :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #47  

Paragraph #1 - totally agree.

Paragraph #2 - School was never intended to make your kid more mature and a better person. That's the parent's responsibility. The School system is based on a set of measures. These are met. If we as a society believe those measures aren't good enough then we need to push for a change.

Paragraph #3 - totally agree.

Paragraph #4 - totally agree.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #48  
Retirement is about free cash flows. Always have multiple revenue streams.

The notion that people think what age they can retire at is stupid. They should be thinking at what income level can I retire at.

The one thing that always puts retirees off track is health issues. If you have your health, you have your wealth.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #49  
Im right in the thick of the college zone. Im the chief “elitism deprogrammer” for my kids. Luckily, they dont buy into the faculty lounge garbage, so I must have prepped them well. :)
Time will tell. My eldest turns 50 in two months. I still "teach" him today. My Mom at 94 was still teaching me on her last day.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #50  
Retirement is about free cash flows. Always have multiple revenue streams.

The notion that people think what age they can retire at is stupid. They should be thinking at what income level can I retire at.

The one thing that always puts retirees off track is health issues. If you have your health, you have your wealth.
Yes. Yes. And yes.