Riding mower vs BX

/ Riding mower vs BX #71  
I think this thread points out the value of drive over decks, quick attach loaders, and quick hitches. I have all these and don't think twice about changing configurations.

/ Riding mower vs BX #72  
My current tractor has a drive over autoconnect deck and the loader comes off easy also. My understanding is the new BX tractors can be had with an auto connect system for the mower deck also. I’ve also heard it doesn’t work that well.

/ Riding mower vs BX #73  
There was a long time poster who passed away I believe several years ago Lbrown. I think he had three BX tractors all setup for different tasks.
Sounds like a good strategy to me.

/ Riding mower vs BX #74  
I have the deck on my BX and it rarely gets in my way. I love it for mowing since our land is steep, off-camber and a zero-turn makes for a near-death experience if it is not perfectly dry. Pulling the deck takes me under 5 minutes if I do want it off, and under 10 to put back on.

/ Riding mower vs BX #75  
My older NH TC29D is similar. I can't imagine any tractor less than 10 years old would be a chore.

/ Riding mower vs BX #77  
Bought a 54" MZ Magnum Bad Boy from TSC for $3999.99 with a 25 hp Kohler 7000 series engine. Cuts fast and clean. Even 12" tall rough grass at a decent clip.

CT
That has Hydro Great ZT-2200 hydrostatic drive units. That wouldn't make a single mowing season here pushing my steep yard. Those value ZT units are likely the cats meow for folks living in the flat lands, but I happen to live on a cliff covered with grass and any tractor I buy has to be built with a drive system like a tank to even think about lasting.

For me to consider any ZT it would need to have the ZT-3400 drives as a minimum with spin on filters. Yours doesn't have filters, you have an internal screen that stops dogs and cats from getting past. That's a very light duty residential unit for service on level property with mild rolling slopes. Most all of my 3 acre grass is around a 2:1 slope. I side cut for the most part to take strain from my machines, but I have areas at near 1:1 slope that you can't possibly side mow. I eat light duty hydrostatic drives for breakfast on this hillside.

/ Riding mower vs BX #78  
I have the deck on my BX and it rarely gets in my way. I love it for mowing since our land is steep, off-camber and a zero-turn makes for a near-death experience if it is not perfectly dry. Pulling the deck takes me under 5 minutes if I do want it off, and under 10 to put back on.
My zero turn sticks to hills like velcro

66D9F2EB-C197-4DC3-8A72-0DC5BAD609E3.jpeg