Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
This model (which I hope to buy new soon) doesn't come with a right side step which is often an issue operating in the woods in close quarters. I found an old thread where some one fabricated a step for there tractor in another model. Is there an area that allows a step, welded or bolted on? My question isn't centered on buying a step but rather if the tractor has a likely spot? I have the skill set to fabricate a suitable step. The fuel tank is under the platform in the area where a step would need to mount. No tractor to buy so I'll talk about it instead?:giggle:
Anyone done it already?

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #2  
I’ve got a dk4510. I’m 40 and I can step up on the tractor from the right side. The biggest problem is space between the loader control and gear stick.

Edit: before putting tractor in woods make a better guard to cover fuel tank. I used a 1/4” steel plate and no issues since then.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #3  
I’ve got a dk4510. I’m 40 and I can step up on the tractor from the right side. The biggest problem is space between the loader control and gear stick.
^^^^ Exactly this + 24 years ^^^^
edit: (really not that big of a problem)

Last edited:
   / Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #4  
weird, my dk45 came with steps on both sides. it seems like an easy build, but i wonder if Kioti sells it as an option premade?

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?

Edit: before putting tractor in woods make a better guard to cover fuel tank. I used a 1/4” steel plate and no issues since then.
OK, you can step up on the right side. How does that happen? Are you 7' tall or what?

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #7  
Shoot, I can make the step up on the right side of my ck3510 also, but i'd rather have a step too...

Seems like having a step there would mean less load on the fender grab handle or steering wheel when you pull yourself up into the station. If there is space for a step, it should have a step. Why not?

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?
My inseam is 29"

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #9  
My little ride doesn't have a right step. Being Mr Helpful for the wife, I looked up the similar model NH on Messick's which showed an accessory step. They had 3 or 4 in their parts inventory and were cheap enough so I bought one. I will have to weld an attaching bracket to the pan support bracket. That'll happen when I do filters again this fall or winter.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #10  
I’m just a shade over 6’ 220 pounds and if my fat tale can do it anyone can. Especially wearing a 29” pants. I wear 36”.