Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?
One things for sure-she knows.
Now back to my topic... :LOL:

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #22  
On my 2018 DK5510 there’s my gas tank on the right side.

FWIW, I'm also looking at TYM & Branson and both models I like have R&L steps. In the woods it's very common to need a step on either side and it makes sense for those times when we are working solo and need to get off at one side to do 3pt hookups, etc.. The fuel tank doesn't keep other brands from having two steps. Long legs or not it's a good ways from the ground to the platform in high clearance tractors.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #24  
interesting. my fuel tank is up high under hood. did not know some kioti had lower tanks.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #25  
interesting. my fuel tank is up high under hood. did not know some kioti had lower tanks.
Here’s mine, right side under platform, if I remember it holds about 9-10 gallons.

Attachments

• FA9C2858-91DA-4D4C-B124-06360D6DF0EF.jpeg
    FA9C2858-91DA-4D4C-B124-06360D6DF0EF.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 102
   / Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #26  
Correction 11.9 gallons.

FWIW, with my DK35SE, when you split the tractor the fuel tank must be removed after the FEL & hood is removed. I assume the low down tanks might stay with the tractor when split? Plus easier to fill-but I use a pump. In the woods and rough fields the low tanks might be damaged? I've read of guards fabricated for such.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #28  
Hmm, not sure I like it that far down as I can forsee possible damage, however makes for easier fueling. Mine is up high under hood. Fuel door on top of hood. Main reason I got electric fueling tank. After a critter knawed it’s way thru my tank, I decided to wrap it in metal shielding. In 8 years no more teeth marks.

Attachments

• mesh 4.jpg
    mesh 4.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20160310_090232473.jpg
    IMG_20160310_090232473.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 152

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #29  
I’ve owned tractors where the fuel tank was on top, to much of a pain to fuel without spilling some on or around the motor. Unless you’re driving over 3 ft stumps the chances are slim to none you will damage the fuel tank. I can fuel mine with minimal effort and a five gallon can when not close to the pump.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #30  
Takes all of an hour to cover the lower fuel tank with 1/4” plate and there’s no more need to worry. Will post a pic later of my mod to the flimsy guard, if you can call it that, later on.