Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #41  
Y’all might be right. Op my apologies. Here’s a pic of modified fuel protector with a step View attachment 713288
LOL..

I would put one of the spring loaded retractable RV steps on it :)

1631591350813.png

Seriously though, one of these would work and be cool..

1631591201144.png

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #42  
LOL..

I would put one of the spring loaded retractable RV steps on it :)

View attachment 713317
Hey Oyl, with a small hydraulic cylinder you could make it function like a lift gate so you wouldn't have to step up at all.
Heck, I'd want one of these on BOTH sides of the tractor. :cool:

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #43  
Hey Oyl, with a small hydraulic cylinder you could make it function like a lift gate so you wouldn't have to step up at all.
Heck, I'd want one of these on BOTH sides of the tractor. :cool:
Now we're talking! :ROFLMAO:

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?
I dislike the RV style step for price and overall design-my RV has same/similar one thats OK for that use. . Compact step per pic above would be fine. I have aftermarket steps on my F-150 at the front of the bed-both sides. They are well designed and cost less than OE. They fold upwards via spring pressure, tucking as high as the body allows. Many people say they didn't even see them in place. The step itself is a large rubber pad that's very safe. I think the brand is "AMP research". Some of the Branson/TYM models also lack a right side step but one I saw a web picture of some that did show a left side step and a left side fuel tank too.

I'm jumping ship from orange to red!
I bought a 2021 Branson 4820R barely used @ 78 hours over the phone and pick it up in MO come Monday. It has steps on both sides. Fuel tank is located under the left step area.

It compares well with the DK4510 I was waiting to come to a dealer I'd buy from plus stronger loader, features are similar to SE Kioti models and weight & capacity in the category of a NX tractor. 4cyl non-turbo engine, larger rears than the Dk4510/NX4510's, FEL capacity exceeds the DK as well. Warranty on this one began 4/25/21 2yrs & 6 total. DPF only emissions. New tractor adventure.
I appreciate the many helpful Kioti related posts I got here as I moved toward another tractor. I was also real close to a TYM 3620R bought new if nothing used came up, or a DK4510 came in.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #46  
Glad you finally got your tractor. One thing not really mentioned by folks when bemoaning tractor availability, it eliminates much of the impulse buying. It slows the process down enough to give you time to really think, and rethink, what it is you want and need. This sounds like an excellent choice for what you've said you are using the tractor for.

Congrats!

Last edited:
In my many dealer contacts of 3 brands, I learned that there is much friction, "bad business" going on between Asian mfg.'s, USA distributors and their dealer networks. Favoritism, flat out broken contracts on dealer network areas and much, much more. Kioti has many dealers with basically no tractors, some get one here and there, some get more than everybody else does. TYM owns 100% of Branson since last year but they operate as separate business entities. TYM & Branson both prioritize dealer inventory that has deposits on it. Some dealers don't take deposits on non-existent inventory. Time will tell how I like the Branson. Has great specs though. My seller had a modern JD before this and says it's by far the better tractor. Anyone looking in my SE region feel free to PM me for pointers on dealers I made contact with for these 3 brands-Kioti, TYM, Branson.
My Kioti works fine now but some new shine was attractive plus the weight/ FEL capacity I wanted. If my Kioti had been setup with the 401 loader I probably would have simply kept using it. I'll have it up for sale soon I suppose-here, FB Marketplace and CL.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #48  
.... Kioti has many dealers with basically no tractors, some get one here and there, some get more than everybody else does...
When I first started looking, my local Kioti had nothing to even look at. I asked when they might get some in, they had no idea. Seemed pretty bummed. I went there to get filters for my 50 hour, they were no longer a Kioti dealer. Had the filters but they were pretty much done. Sad, they just have a few ZTs and stuff they are still selling.

/ Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510? #49  
When I first started looking, my local Kioti had nothing to even look at. I asked when they might get some in, they had no idea. Seemed pretty bummed. I went there to get filters for my 50 hour, they were no longer a Kioti dealer. Had the filters but they were pretty much done. Sad, they just have a few ZTs and stuff they are still selling.
My 'local' one is actually just a remote location for the main dealer another hour away, but they did have CX's to NX's on the 'lot' to look at. They were all already sold and just arrived awaiting delivery so still had to order and wait, but at least I could see and sit. This was in April, not sure how it is now.

It's not a "Kioti thing", it's a "many things problem" to not have manufactured goods worldwide. Supply chains are disrupted by closed ports, slow ports, greatly increased raw materials prices(over 200% on steel), no raw materials at all, lack of skilled labor, lack of unskilled labor, lazy ass people in our society who will stay home and draw their checks while hiring posters are everywhere we look. Food prices in some cases have gone zonkers in spite of political comments. Grocery shelves are bare for lack of product or labor to stock them. never in my lifetime have I seen grocery shelves like now! Tractors are only one aspect of all this world today. Honestly, if these tractors need a chip then there's probably none to be had and some do use them.
Most all Korean tractor dealers are smallish and rely on other items to remain in business-like lawnmowers which are also short. My Stihl/ Cub Cadet dealer is a Mom & Pop deal and during the guvment handouts-meaning enhanced unemployment checks to stay home, they worked night and day, hand over fist to assemble and deliver mowers, meanwhile my chainsaw sat there untouched for repair. When that flurry was over and the mfg. had no more mowers to ship, my saw got repaired.
My metal roofing supplier told me they've not only had steel increases, it changes price upward, AFTER it's been shipped, sometimes more than once during the transit. I tried hard to avoid politics in what I just said, your welcome... :rolleyes: