Ripper Plow

/ Ripper Plow #1  

stray

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power-trac 422 2003 model and 428 January 2015 model
I am building a ripper out of an old plow beam. I thought you all might want to see some pics. As they say a pic is worth 1000 words. This is of how I built the plate.

Attachments

• 579617-plate.JPG
    579617-plate.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,146
   / Ripper Plow
This is how you can attach it to the tractor without handling it. It will lie on the floor and you just tilt the lift into it.

Attachments

• 579618-ripper hook up.JPG
    579618-ripper hook up.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,003
   / Ripper Plow
As you can see here I still need to attach the plow sheer and paint it.

Attachments

• 579619-ripper attached no sheer or paint.JPG
    579619-ripper attached no sheer or paint.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 692
   / Ripper Plow
This ripper is built so you can add pins to the side and weld uprights to it for a 3 point hitch hook up.

Attachments

• 579621-ripper on table.JPG
    579621-ripper on table.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 938
   / Ripper Plow #5  
It looks good. I am not a great farmer or any thing, but this summer I ran across a plow point with the intentions of doing the same thing someday. The point that I found is not like a turning plow instead it is more shaped like a round pointed shovel that has a curve longways in it. I beleive it would be very usefull for digging potatoes the way it is made, I also beleive it would do a fine job digging a trench the way it is curved all I would have to add to the point is at the top a way to turn the dirt off to the side. Again I like what you have made. The point that I found bolts on so when I ever get around to building it instead of welding the point on I think I'll bolt it on so I can take it off and add other points to do different jobs. One of your other projects the large bucket I am going to get me an oil tank and do that also I have been trying to get one for some time now . I have found one but it is in an awfull place to try to get to to get it . How thick is the metal in those tanks I have never been close to one that has been cut apart. What I have left over after making the bucket I plan on making a garbage container with a lid .

/ Ripper Plow
Thanks for the advice. I believe I will bolt my sheer on too. The metal of the oil tanks can very some but mine is thick enough to be strong enough the way it was braced. Any thicker and it would just add weight. Be sure to tilt the plate forward at the top in reference to the bottom of the bucket. When you get ready to build the bucket just let me know if you need any more info on the way I built mine.

/ Ripper Plow
Toy another thing, on my ripper if I was going to do anything different I would have tilted the plate a little forward on it. It wouldn't make any difference when plowing or ripping but if one wanted to rake stuff off of a high dirt pile say (5 to 6 ft high) it would help. Good luck on your projects and let us know how you’re doing.

/ Ripper Plow #8  
Nice Picturs Stray.

That ripper looks as though you could rip pavement up with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ripper Plow #9  
This is a dumb question I know, but besides breaking up hard dirt and clay to dig up, what else would you do with this?

/ Ripper Plow #10  
i made mine out of a ripper shank out of a box blade. what will it do?rip hard dirt, roots tear out a sidewalk,rip very large rocks out of the ground. then i load them with the large bucket,the ripper will dig where nothing else will. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif