RK19 Has this happened to you

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #1  

lwthefish

Tractor
RK19
Looking for folks who had this happen to them. Could be an RK19-21 or TYM T194. Ask around RK said no to warranty coverage. 3600.00 plus 19-hour labor to fix.
OK, here's more info. was waiting to see the replies before adding ty for waiting.
!st not my first tractor and have done many, many pto shafts. This was a tiller in previously plowed land. I felt it just thought maybe I hit a rock or root and never found anything after going back. The pto sits in that hole and the gear shaft you see drives it from the side. So any side or lift push can drive it out and break. The tiller is a 4ft that RK sells for this tractor. It's so dammed close to the tractor you wouldn't believe but they said it was fine. Personally, I think the lift arms are way to short to. But this is a one-piece casting that holds axles and all so you can't remove and weld with out removing every in the rear end. And the warranty doesn't list any exceptions, but they say NO to fixing it.
B. WHAT IS WARRANTED: Subject to the Length of Warranty Chart below, as amended from time to time, acknowledging limitations on the term of warranty, all parts of any new RK Equipment, except tires and wheels (which are warranted under separate documents provided with each product), are warranted for the number of months or operating hours specified below. Warranty statements required by law covering engine emissionrelated parts and components, which shall not be less than the engine warranty, are found in the operator’s manual delivered with the equipment. Included in the RK Tractors Powertrain Warranty - Engine: cylinder block, cylinder head, valve covers, oil pan, timing gear covers, flywheel housing, emission control components and all parts contained therein. Powertrain: Transmission, transmission case, differential and axle housing, clutch housing, MFWD front axle assembly, and all parts contained therein. The Powertrain Warranty does not include external drivelines, dry clutch parts, or steering cylinders including but not limited to the HST assembly (HST pump), HST damper plate, and the HST damper assembly.

Attachments

• 20220424_163332.jpg
    20220424_163332.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 271
  • 20220424_163350.jpg
    20220424_163350.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 272
  • 20220424_163413_HDR.jpg
    20220424_163413_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
  • 20220424_163420.jpg
    20220424_163420.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 259
  • 20220424_163432_HDR.jpg
    20220424_163432_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 246
  • 20220424_163438.jpg
    20220424_163438.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 278
Last edited:
   / RK19 Has this happened to you #2  
That looks like a very hard hit on whatever PTO attachment it was using at the time.

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #3  
That looks like a very hard hit on whatever PTO attachment it was using at the time.

It does appear so, but the op needs to provide more information about the damage. An incorrectly sized pto shaft will do that in a heartbeat.

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #4  
Looks like a poor design for a PTO output shaft. But it probably saves space and metal for manufacturing. 😏

Is the rear housing (with the destroyed bearing mount) removable? A good TIG welder and machine shop could fix that.

But yeah, I understand why it's not covered under warranty--User error.

Last edited:
   / RK19 Has this happened to you #5  
OP, more details please.
What were you doing when this happened?

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #6  
Following......

/ RK19 Has this happened to you
It does appear so, but the op needs to provide more information about the damage. An incorrectly sized pto shaft will do that in a heartbeat.
I posted more info

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #10  
First of all, sorry about your damage.
I can't see any other explanation other than either too long pto shaft that jammed the tractor, or the implement bounced up on that potential rock you mentioned creating a severe angle on the shaft putting high lateral stress on the tractor shaft.

I snapped off a lower hitch arm mounting point on my L4060 last year. It was cast into part of the transmission case (brake case) and set me back around $2000. This was 100% my fault... Mistakes happen.

If the dealer sold you both the tractor and the tiller one would assume that it was properly fitted. The tiller seemingly damaged the tractor during reasonable operation. I would push back a little harder.