RK37 Hydro: cutter size?

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #1  

cmexrayu

Tractor
none
Guys. I need help choosing the correct width cutter for my RK37 hydro. 5 or 6 foot?

Thanks for the input.

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #2  
Guys. I need help choosing the correct width cutter for my RK37 hydro. 5 or 6 foot?

Thanks for the input.

All depends upon what you plan to use it for and the geography. Lot of trees and tight spaces - 5 foot may be better. Lot of fence line mowing - I'd go with 6 foot to be able to get closer to the fence. Lot of open space - 6 foot again. Your tractor has enough power for the 6 footer. Might bog some in really thick stuff. Just slow down a bit.

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #3  
All depends upon what you plan to use it for and the geography. Lot of trees and tight spaces - 5 foot may be better. Lot of fence line mowing - I'd go with 6 foot to be able to get closer to the fence. Lot of open space - 6 foot again. Your tractor has enough power for the 6 footer. Might bog some in really thick stuff. Just slow down a bit.

X2

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #4  
I run the 6 on mine and very happy with it.

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #5  
I would go with the 6 footer for the reasons stated above. You can always slow down or take a smaller bite. When you are mowing in big open fields you will appreciate gaining that extra foot for every pass.

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #6  
cmexrayu, I agree with everybody above to go with the 6 footer. I have the 5 foot one and kick myself in the butt every time I mow my pasture just because I can't get close enough to the fencing.

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #7  
I have Kubota 3560 and run a 6ft on mine without any issues. Since we are in the same HP range and tractor size, I would say a 6ft would do just fine for you.

Resized_20190608_100107.jpeg

Resized_20190530_110242_9753001.jpg

Resized_20190817_162518001.jpg

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size?
Thanks guys for all the input. I’ve been leaning toward the 6ft. g8erh8er masks a great point however about a narrower cutter that can slip into tighter spaces.

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size? #9  
I'm not sure how wide your tractor is, but looking at the website, it varies from 55" to 66". I understand what he is saying about mobility, but if your tractor is 66 inches wide (some tractors are measured at the middle of the tire, so your tractor is actually wider), a 72" mower would be just fine behind your tractor.

#481 Opening up Trails and Channel Updates! - YouTube

/ RK37 Hydro: cutter size?
BRMyers: you make a great point. The spec sheet for the RK37 shows a total width of 55 inches. However, when I measure my tractor with the R4 tires, I get 66 inches on the total width. I wish RK was more specific about how and where they take their measurements/specs.