Rk55 ignition switch

/ Rk55 ignition switch #1  

Cbrightnow106

Tractor
Rk55
Has anyone else had problems with the ignition switch on a rk55? I have to keep jiggling my key or take it out and reinsert it and feels loose.

/ Rk55 ignition switch #2  
No. All good.

It's ground might not be making good contact. Likely a wiring harness, sometimes those need a nudge.

If the whole ignition is loose and turning a bit something could easily have wiggled loose on the back.

/ Rk55 ignition switch #3  
Most ignition switches use a tiny spring to apply pressure on the contact blade.
They also use a grease to lubricate the contacts.
Now, over time heat dries that grease and the contact gets more difficult to close properly.
Cure is often simple.
Squirting a solvent of some kind via the key slot can do the trick'
In the past I found that WD40 was one cure that worked.
Good luck!

/ Rk55 ignition switch
No. All good.

It's ground might not be making good contact. Likely a wiring harness, sometimes those need a nudge.

If the whole ignition is loose and turning a bit something could easily have wiggled loose on the back.
Thank you. The ignition itself is solidly in place. Its alot of key jiggling and manipulation of the key required to get it started.

/ Rk55 ignition switch #5  
So far so good on the ignition switch. Mine isnt what I would say is tight, but I never remove the key.

/ Rk55 ignition switch #6  
Thank you. The ignition itself is solidly in place. Its alot of key jiggling and manipulation of the key required to get it started.
That in itself suggests dried contact lubricant.
Try as I earlier suggested, squirt some solvent (WD40 works) into the key slot.
AND, hey, let us know if that worked!

/ Rk55 ignition switch
Thank you all. After checking the wiring harness and making sure everything was snug and lubricating the contacts the the problem seems to be solved