Rock garden, little tractor that could...

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could... #1  

teg

Tractor
s
So no "finished" photos, yet... will get them in a couple weeks. Too darn tired to pick the camera up. I should wait for the final photos but have so many other projects that never get posted to TBN... So, the first photo, at the bottom, I put the two biggest rocks. The one shown is laying down, it was rolled on it's edge to get more height. Was working on a side slope so it made it a bit tricky placing the rocks correctly.

View attachment 506300 View attachment 506301 View attachment 506302 View attachment 506303 View attachment 506304 View attachment 506305

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could... #2  
Nice use of your grapple!!!! Wonder if you would have tried doing this without the grapple?

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could...
...Wonder if you would have tried doing this without the grapple?
Oh, heck NO!!! :D I couldn't even wiggle these into place. Either nudging them with the FEL or use a 4x4 to push them or used a chain to drag it backwards.

Butt ugly rocks in my opinion, but the wife is happy about it... :confused3: Have one more rock in the field that I need either a bulldozer to move or a backhoe to dig a hole and bury it!!

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could... #4  
Why is it called a rock garden? It's not like they grow, they just erode.

Is the grapple something you just added to your bucket?

Only because it only looks like I planted rocks, I'm hoping they grow big and tall (I ain't a smart man)...

According to the wife it's actually going to be a "water garden" - house down spouts run in on the uphill side and Trickle down... I have my doubts that's going to work and not erode.

I've had the grapple for over several years... up rooting and moving trees and rocks. Best thing that you can do for a tractor.

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could... #6  
Been working a similar project myself...

IMG_0714[1].JPG

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could... #7  
Why is it called a rock garden? It's not like they grow, they just erode.

Is the grapple something you just added to your bucket?

Rocks grow all over my property, I find new ones almost every time I mow.

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could... #8  
Rocks grow all over my property, I find new ones almost every time I mow.

My place too, but tey take a lot longer. I usually only find the new ones in spring. Maybe its the snow that makes mine grow.

/ Rock garden, little tractor that could... #9  
Very nice work, perfect for your situation I can't see if the grapple is hydraulic or not.

-R

...if the grapple is hydraulic or not...
Yes it is, one of the best uses for hydraulics :thumbsup: The other two is top-N-tilt for the 3ph. Worth the "pretty penny" that it cost.