ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III?

cpy911

Tractor
Mitsubishi S373D
Does anyone know if there is a ROPS kits for a Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III?

Closest I found is the following...

Mitsubishi & Satoh ROPS

but don't see anything listed.

Or is the best ROPS for these tractors not going on a hill and jumping off if it does start to roll? Too bad I have a pasture to cut with some 15ー hills on it. As a newbie, I am super scared of going down those sections! I just put on new rear tires, so I may try to fill them with windshield fluid. Also, thinking I might just try and weed whack those areas where the hills are. So, do what I can with the tractor (70% of 3 acres) and figure out the rest.

Thanks!

Roadworthy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST,
The prices appear to be about where they were when I was seeking ROPS for my Mitsubishi. I can't identify where those are coming from. I located a vendor in CA with the same prices, maybe it's the same place. We have a place in Elllensburg (Tractorco.com) who offered to to get me ROPS for about $50 more. I decided it wasn't worth my while to do it, I've gotten along without on my hills for fifteen years. You may wish to check with Valley Power too.

PILOON

Tractor
MT180D
I also run a Mitsubishi w/o a rops and I'm hilly.
I reversed my rims, loaded my tires with beet juice and carry a 300 lb rear ballast weight or snow blower in winter.
Next I rely on my rear end 'pucker meter' and drive real slow.
So far so good, like for some 20 years.
I always keep my FEL low to the ground when loaded.
OK, I've had a few 'oops' moments and very soon learned to keep my rt hand on the FEL 'down lever'.
Also I always stay in 4wd going downhill with a loaded FEL as compression is your braking friend what with less weight on the rear end.
LOL, more times than I'd like to admit I've left skid marks from the too light rear end.
I've been known to resort to skidding my loaded FEL in order to slow me down.

OP
C

cpy911

Tractor
Mitsubishi S373D
Thank you. This is good advice. I am thinking of filling the rear tires with windshield fluid. Any idea how many gallons they might take?

I also run a Mitsubishi w/o a rops and I'm hilly.
I reversed my rims, loaded my tires with beet juice and carry a 300 lb rear ballast weight or snow blower in winter.
Next I rely on my rear end 'pucker meter' and drive real slow.
So far so good, like for some 20 years.
I always keep my FEL low to the ground when loaded.
OK, I've had a few 'oops' moments and very soon learned to keep my rt hand on the FEL 'down lever'.
Also I always stay in 4wd going downhill with a loaded FEL as compression is your braking friend what with less weight on the rear end.
LOL, more times than I'd like to admit I've left skid marks from the too light rear end.
I've been known to resort to skidding my loaded FEL in order to slow me down.

HammarFarm

Tractor
Mitsubishi Satoh Beaver III S373D
You might want to check with dealers that sold them new and possibly still service these. Quite often they have a boneyard that includes items such as ROPS. I found one for my S373D that way. OEM

bmaverick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2610, retired JD 850, retired DYT-4000

Mitsubishi & Satoh ROPS

Or is the best ROPS for these tractors not going on a hill and jumping off if it does start to roll? Too bad I have a pasture to cut with some 15ー hills on it. As a newbie, I am super scared of going down those sections! I just put on new rear tires, so I may try to fill them with windshield fluid. Also, thinking I might just try and weed whack those areas where the hills are. So, do what I can with the tractor (70% of 3 acres) and figure out the rest.

Thanks!

Call and verify to fit-up for this one.

Don't flip! It can kill even on little compacts! Here is a close call on a small Yanmar.

1617816440156.png

bmaverick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2610, retired JD 850, retired DYT-4000

Mitsubishi & Satoh ROPS

Thanks!

Is it possible to compare via images what ROPs for other machines 'could' work?