ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III?

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #1  

cpy911

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 445, Craftsman GT 6000, Yanmar YM186D
Does anyone know if there is a ROPS kits for a Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III?

Closest I found is the following...

Mitsubishi & Satoh ROPS

but don't see anything listed.

Or is the best ROPS for these tractors not going on a hill and jumping off if it does start to roll? Too bad I have a pasture to cut with some 15ー hills on it. As a newbie, I am super scared of going down those sections! I just put on new rear tires, so I may try to fill them with windshield fluid. Also, thinking I might just try and weed whack those areas where the hills are. So, do what I can with the tractor (70% of 3 acres) and figure out the rest.

Thanks!

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #2  
The prices appear to be about where they were when I was seeking ROPS for my Mitsubishi. I can't identify where those are coming from. I located a vendor in CA with the same prices, maybe it's the same place. We have a place in Elllensburg (Tractorco.com) who offered to to get me ROPS for about $50 more. I decided it wasn't worth my while to do it, I've gotten along without on my hills for fifteen years. You may wish to check with Valley Power too.

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #3  
I also run a Mitsubishi w/o a rops and I'm hilly.
I reversed my rims, loaded my tires with beet juice and carry a 300 lb rear ballast weight or snow blower in winter.
Next I rely on my rear end 'pucker meter' and drive real slow.
So far so good, like for some 20 years.
I always keep my FEL low to the ground when loaded.
OK, I've had a few 'oops' moments and very soon learned to keep my rt hand on the FEL 'down lever'.
Also I always stay in 4wd going downhill with a loaded FEL as compression is your braking friend what with less weight on the rear end.
LOL, more times than I'd like to admit I've left skid marks from the too light rear end.
I've been known to resort to skidding my loaded FEL in order to slow me down.

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III?
Thank you. This is good advice. I am thinking of filling the rear tires with windshield fluid. Any idea how many gallons they might take?

I also run a Mitsubishi w/o a rops and I'm hilly.
I reversed my rims, loaded my tires with beet juice and carry a 300 lb rear ballast weight or snow blower in winter.
Next I rely on my rear end 'pucker meter' and drive real slow.
So far so good, like for some 20 years.
I always keep my FEL low to the ground when loaded.
OK, I've had a few 'oops' moments and very soon learned to keep my rt hand on the FEL 'down lever'.
Also I always stay in 4wd going downhill with a loaded FEL as compression is your braking friend what with less weight on the rear end.
LOL, more times than I'd like to admit I've left skid marks from the too light rear end.
I've been known to resort to skidding my loaded FEL in order to slow me down.

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #5  
You might want to check with dealers that sold them new and possibly still service these. Quite often they have a boneyard that includes items such as ROPS. I found one for my S373D that way. OEM

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #6  

Mitsubishi & Satoh ROPS

Or is the best ROPS for these tractors not going on a hill and jumping off if it does start to roll? Too bad I have a pasture to cut with some 15ー hills on it. As a newbie, I am super scared of going down those sections! I just put on new rear tires, so I may try to fill them with windshield fluid. Also, thinking I might just try and weed whack those areas where the hills are. So, do what I can with the tractor (70% of 3 acres) and figure out the rest.

Thanks!

Call and verify to fit-up for this one.

Don't flip! It can kill even on little compacts! Here is a close call on a small Yanmar.

1617816440156.png

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #7  

Mitsubishi & Satoh ROPS

Thanks!

Is it possible to compare via images what ROPs for other machines 'could' work?

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #8  
Hi,
I know I'm dragging up an old thread but I've recently found a supplier of ROPS for many Mitsubishi/Satoh compact tractors in Europe. I've just bought one and fitted it to my MT1401D.
See here: Mitsubishi MT ROPS frame safety bar
250usd, pretty good deal.

If found it solid, easy to fit and folds.

It took me a couple of years to try source this. I was onto companies in the US and Oz with no luck. I must check the manufacturer name on the ROPS itself too.

Looking at the Satoh compacts this should fit that too. It attaches to the tractor using the 6 bolts around the PTO. The measurements on the sellers site are wrong, it's 135mm horizontal and 85mm spacing vertical.

I had to make some small modifications to fit it, but that's because I have the Japanese rotavator bracket. See other photos from seller with it fitted to a newer MT180.

I hope that helps someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_20220405_171214.jpg
    IMG_20220405_171214.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20220405_170811.jpg
    IMG_20220405_170811.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 98
  • 1648473862816 (1).jpg
    1648473862816 (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
  • 1648473862842.jpg
    1648473862842.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 97
  • 1648464463562.jpg
    1648464463562.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 103
   / ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #9  
Hi,
I know I'm dragging up an old thread but I've recently found a supplier of ROPS for many Mitsubishi/Satoh compact tractors in Europe. I've just bought one and fitted it to my MT1401D.
See here: Mitsubishi MT ROPS frame safety bar
250usd, pretty good deal.

If found it solid, easy to fit and folds.

It took me a couple of years to try source this. I was onto companies in the US and Oz with no luck. I must check the manufacturer name on the ROPS itself too.

Looking at the Satoh compacts this should fit that too. It attaches to the tractor using the 6 bolts around the PTO. The measurements on the sellers site are wrong, it's 135mm horizontal and 85mm spacing vertical.

I had to make some small modifications to fit it, but that's because I have the Japanese rotavator bracket. See other photos from seller with it fitted to a newer MT180.

I hope that helps someone else.

That is a great price! For my machine it runs about $900USD or more.

/ ROPS for Sotah/Mitsubishi S373D Beaver III? #10  
I know. The only thing to watch for was shipping. Its heavy 30kg and big 170cm x 80cm x 15cm when fully folded and ready to ship. The seller usually shipped on a pallet, but it was mad money. I arranged my own courier to ship collect from Poland and ship to another European country for about 80usd.

Really good deal. As I said I'll see if I can confirm manufacturer, there's a plate on the side with serial, etc. on. We might be able to source this from somewhere else too.