Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #1  

Charolais

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple
Just spotted this post over on the SF site. Anyone here have any comments? May be old news and I just haven't read it till now.Rotella 15-40 oil

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #2  
I find the post very hard to believe. I don't use Rotella as Chevron Delo is more readily available for me.

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #3  
Does this mean that I have to return my supply of Rotella T to Wally World? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #4  
WooHoo! Looks like I picked a good time to switch to Mobil 1 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Starts WAAAAY better in the cold with the Mobil 1 anyway.

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #5  
I don't think there's much truth to that. First of all the acquistion was back in 2002. Second it was Shell that bought them not the other way around. Why would Shell go from the top tier oil to making a low tier oil?

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #6  
What makes Shell a top tier oil?

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #7  
Give it a rest for once Mike. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #8  
Just for the record I called Shell directly. They said Rotella always has and always will be in the forseeable future made by Shell at the Houston plant. the quality has not gone down at all and on the contrary significant improvments have been made to it. He said, in fact, that Pennsoil oil is now made by Shell and not the other way around. Feel free to call them at 800-231-6950.

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #9  
sorry, nope. Just when someone makes a comment that is a top tier, please say why it is. All I see is a normal hydrocraker group 3 dino oil; Nothing top about it. Maybe top in oil sales for a Powerstorke or at Walmart.

I also love the CSR when they stated "They said Rotella always has and always will be in the forseeable future made by Shell at the Houston plant. ". In todays world, that is about as good as zero.

/ Rotella 15-40 oil posted on Agriculture.com #10  
Nice try Mike but I'm not taking your bait this time. I'm sure you have plenty more bad stuff to say about Rotella and how great the overpriced, synthetic amoil, blah blah, extended life, blah blah, we're living in the dark ages, blah, blah, we're so ignorant on oil, blah, oil is so have at it. I'm sure you know way more than the experts at Shell do.

Status
Not open for further replies.