Rotella Synthetic oil sale

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
So, I stopped by Wally World for a gallon of Rotella T 6 synthetic 5w-40 diesel oil today. I notice the jugs had $5 rebate stickers on them- all the better. Bought the oil, but discovered upon getting home and looking at the sticker that it is good for purchases from MARCH 1 thru the end of May. Today, of course, is Feb. 23. But, if you use T-6, consider buying some on March 1st, but only two rebates per household. (it was $21+ a gallon- not bad anyway.)

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #2  
Just bought a dang gallon the other day, didnt see the rebate offer at my local store. I'll fix that the next time I'm there!

Thanks for the heads up!!!!

[beer]

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #3  
Thanks for posting, that's what I use in my tractor.

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #4  
I once bought a case of antifreeze because of a handsome rebate, only to find a that only one or two of the gallons were covered by the rebate. That was over 30 years ago and I still remember the lesson I learned.

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #5  
Rebates Suck!

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale
Murph, I agree. But, $5 (minus the stamp, of course) is almost $5. I figure that half of the people who buy stuff after seeing the rebate fail to follow thru, which the sellers must love. I keep a copy when I send something in, and toss it in a dedicated pile. I think I am running 100% on satisfaction, so if it's worth more than a couple of bucks, I will bother. And, I did say that two per household, so forget the cases.

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #7  
Good info. Thanks!!!

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #8  
Do you guys that use Rotella synthetic go longer between oil changes than you would with regular Rotella?

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #9  
Menards has it for 19.95 - 2.00 rebate = final cost 17.95.

/ Rotella Synthetic oil sale #10  
I run it for the same time frame.

My concern has always been the amount of soot that gets suspended in the oil so I figure dumping it is the best way to get rid of it. In all fairness I also don't drive a ton of miles each year so two oil changes covers me so difference in the oil cost is not much of a factor.
I did notice I picked up about 1.5 mpg on my truck when I started running full synthetic oil.