Round baler high moisture hay advice

/ Round baler high moisture hay advice #11  
I would look at a NH RB450 silage special.
I have a 2020 RB450 4x5 silage special. Just delivered 26 4x5’s this morning and they scaled at 950lb+ each.
The silage special will easily make 1000lb bales all day set at 1700lbs of pressure. They have a dual density system and you can adjust pressure from the cab. I bet it would make 1200lb bales at 18% if you wanted.
My average bale weight set at 1700-1800lb was a consistent 950lbs.
Im actually selling this baler. I’m pretty much done with round bales. I have a few beef producers left that don’t mind big square bales and honestly, big square bales are so much easier to handle & ship.

View attachment 720681
Must have been a different load eh?
Those 26 averaged 795 lbs.

/ Round baler high moisture hay advice #12  
Must have been a different load eh?
Those 26 averaged 795 lbs.
No, they average 944 each.
Gross (weigh in) 45220lbs
Net (weigh out) 20680lbs
cargo weight 24540lbs
24540/26 = 944lb each

/ Round baler high moisture hay advice #14  
Lousy load ticket. Empty weight is TARE, NET is the load on a real scale ticket.
It’s the way his printer prints out scale tickets.
Loaded weight in is “gross”
Unloaded weight out is “net”

Ill let him know you disapprove

/ Round baler high moisture hay advice #15  
I'm looking to replace my old NH round baler with something that can handle high moisture grass hay - 50 to 60% I got a price on a new NHL 450 Utility and dealer said it will handle high moisture, but 60% moisture may be a bit much for the rolls. I'm ok with baling slightly drier, but just debating whether to spend on a new 450 or buy something used. I do around 500 round bales a year. Is the 450 utility a good option? What are some good used round balers that can handle high moisture hay? My neighbor has an older Gehl 1475 TDC and it seems to work well.
500 round silage bales may sound like allot but that's not that many. If you are going to keep that RB 450 for 8 years or longer, I'd say it is worth getting the silage special. Realize the endless belts with the bar pattern are only available from NH and are not designed to be laced back. That belt pattern is only available in endless through NH. Yes you can use a cornstalk belt, MATO laced, with a rough top pattern. It works well but doesn't look the same. The endless bar belts work well and last long but stray obstacles can find their way into a field and belts can get damaged.

/ Round baler high moisture hay advice #17  
   / Round baler high moisture hay advice #19  
Nobody cares. It’s just a bunch of farmers delivering hay. We understand it’s loaded weight in and unloaded weight out.

Heres one from another one of my customers. Maybe you’ll like this a little better

1637190558189.jpeg

/ Round baler high moisture hay advice #20  
Nobody cares. It’s just a bunch of farmers delivering hay. We understand it’s loaded weight in and unloaded weight out.

Heres one from another one of my customers. Maybe you’ll like this a little better

View attachment 721328
Hey, I said it’s handy to have a scale nearby. Was that offensive? I’m pretty much over this. I said what was on my mind.