RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723 #1  

L3130

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130
What rpm do you guys operate at when using the loader? I was moving some dirt at like 1800 RPM in low and it seemed to want to stall as soon as I went into the dirt. Also when going to pick up the load the loader would not lift it I was really confused as it was not that heavy, I had to back up a little to curl the bucket. Keep in mind the bucket was not full either. I was under the impression it should lift 1400lbs anyway. Any help would be great.

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723 #2  
I run my L3830 at about 2200 to 2300 RPM. Its a good, reasonably quiet RPM and there seems to be little that more RPMS will add. AS far as lift goes, realize that what your loader can lift and what it can lift before you break the dirt out of a pile are considerably different. My technique is to go into the pile with the bucket dead flat. As soo as I encounter an RPM drop I back off on the HST pedal and slightly dump the bucket, continue to apply slight forward pressure to the HST pedal and then curl the bucket. I always have a heaping overflowing bucket that the loader has now broken free and can very easily lift.

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723
So go in with a level bucket, then dump it a little, Then curl it up and lift? Should I bring the rpm to 2300 also? I want to be sure I am doing the lifting correct?

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723 #4  
I agree with RaT,

I run about 2K – 2.2K with my L3710 GST. I found before my tooth bar it would stall out driving into the pile. Never had any problem lifting anything even at an idle. It just took longer.

Gary

So do you think dumping the bucket then curling is the best bet? 2300 RPM?

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723 #6  
I'd just experiment. When you dump a little, your allowing the tractor to go into the pile deeper because it just broke loose some of the pile. The key is, you need to break the material free before you can lift it.

ok I will try that. Thanks for the help.

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723 #8  
Once again RaT has beet me to the answer!

The trick is to break the ground free. It is just so much easier (for me) with the tooth bar. Once the ground is loose, you can just lift it out.

You will find what engine speed / angle of attack / forward speed that works the best for you, then just stick with it. It will become second nature soon enough.

Gary

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Once again RaT has beet me to the answer! )</font>

Yep, after experimenting, I found that 2200 rpm on the B2710 was my preferred speed, and by going into a pile of dirt slowly, and starting to curl the bucket back and raise it very slowly as I moved into the pile, I could get full buckets of dirt without stalling anything or spinning the wheels.

/ RPM for Loader work on L3130 with L723 #10  
I run mine in medium most of the time around 2000-2200. If just scooping up from a pile then about 1700-1800. A little finese goes a long way.

If you watch carefully you will see your bucket start to drop once it start digging in. A lot of times it wants to dig to much unless you lift it a tad or start curling. You'll figure it out pretty quick.