RTV 900 equipments and accessories

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #1  

eyi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
Hi all,

Summer just began but I am already thinking about what equipments/accessories I could add to my new RTV in order to maximize its utilization. I live in a place where winter is tough. I am thinking about a front windshield, a roof top, a back windshield and a snow plow. Although my machine is a worksite model it is quiet naked.

Any advices, recommandations ?

I’d have a tendancy to buy everything via my dealer, is it a good strategy or better other places exist ?

THANKS

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #2  
I bought a jeep top off of Amazon, made my own windshield out of plexiglass that I had custom made from TAP plastics, cheaper than glass, Led lights front and rear, A winch is a must. Front carry rack for tools when the bed is full. I have the worksite model too. I've done lots too it. It's a great machine. Mine is a 2014. So many things available at places other than the dealer.

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #3  
I had the dealer put a plastic windshield on mine at about $500. All it is, is a piece of plastic with six bolt holes for clamps. It has very sharp edges and I ended up taking it off, sanding the edges to smooth out the sharp edges, putting spacers in so I could put on handholds and mirrors, then reinstalling it.

I use side mirrors on mine, but ones that are close in so the brush doesn't knock them off.

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #4  
I've got a little retirement part time job at a local power-sports dealer that sells RTVs (side by sides). Many buy the accessories at the time of purchase since the dealer usually discounts the accessories (like tractor dealers also do) and they can fold the cost into the financing.

As far as accessories, the sky is the limit. I saw two RTVs equipped with almost everything imaginable from full cab with doors, heater, defroster fans for the windshield, additional lighting, strobe (for parking lot maintenance), winch, plow, salt spreaders and DOT tires so the rigs could be made street legal for moving between parking lots go out the door.

Total price....$70,000 total for the both of them!!

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories
Are your windshield foldable ?

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #6  
I’ve had my RTV900 since 2004, one of my first additions was a winch, RTV’s are heavy, no fun getting stuck. I went with the plastic roof and windshield. Snow plow is sure useful, mine is raised and lowered by the winch.
love mine, it’s a great workhorse.

Mike

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #7  
I never got a winch for my RTV1100. My plow is lifted by an electric actuator. Works pretty good.

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #8  
I never got a winch for my RTV1100. My plow is lifted by an electric actuator. Works pretty good.
I cobbled mine together, I bought a used plow and welded up a mount for it. It works well, but my mounting system is hanging a little lower that I’d like.

Mike

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #9  
My OEM plow is way lower than I like too and it's not really a quick connect. The lower bracket has to come off to create enough ground clearance to load on a trailer without getting creative. Plow works well when installed but the mounting system is a total fail by Kubota.

My uneducated opinion anyway.

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories
Have heard that if you install a winshield you almost also need to have something in the back to block air backdraft. Any thought/experience about that ?