RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #1  

tediesel

Tractor
Kubota rtv900
New here. Searched for a while here and everywhere else and haven't found my problem so figured I'd start a thread.

I have an 06 rtv900 that leaks like that's its job. It loses fluid from the reservoir under the dump bed and appears to push it out the transmission dipstick tube. When it's running it is a steady stream and if you pull the tube it is a nice hydraulic fluid fountain.

I don't know how the system functions so I don't know where to start looking. Dump bed and transmission are strong with no problems. Any help is appreciated.......

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #2  
New here. Searched for a while here and everywhere else and haven't found my problem so figured I'd start a thread.

I have an 06 rtv900 that leaks like that's its job. It loses fluid from the reservoir under the dump bed and appears to push it out the transmission dipstick tube. When it's running it is a steady stream and if you pull the tube it is a nice hydraulic fluid fountain.

I don't know how the system functions so I don't know where to start looking. Dump bed and transmission are strong with no problems. Any help is appreciated.......

First I heard of that one...And everything is working properly?

Have all of the HST maintenances been done?...Not overfilled?...Not asking stupid questions, just getting a baseline.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs
Everything works perfectly. As far as service goes I just got it recently but it was dealer serviced. I talked to the dealer as well as maintenance dept where it came from. The transmission would seem to have been overfilled the way it's puking fluid but as long as I keep putting fluid into the plastic reservoir under the bed fluid keeps puking out the trans dipstick. I let the the plastic reservoir run out and it didn't leak nearly as bad if any at all but if I fill it so the bed/plow functions it pushes fluid.

Transmission fluid and dump fluid should not be connected should they? I assume they aren't and I have something blown out in a pump making them mix but since I don't know how it is supposed to work I don't know what to think for sure.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #4  
Everything works perfectly. As far as service goes I just got it recently but it was dealer serviced. I talked to the dealer as well as maintenance dept where it came from. The transmission would seem to have been overfilled the way it's puking fluid but as long as I keep putting fluid into the plastic reservoir under the bed fluid keeps puking out the trans dipstick. I let the the plastic reservoir run out and it didn't leak nearly as bad if any at all but if I fill it so the bed/plow functions it pushes fluid.

Transmission fluid and dump fluid should not be connected should they? I assume they aren't and I have something blown out in a pump making them mix but since I don't know how it is supposed to work I don't know what to think for sure.

Not sure, but I believe everything runs from the same hydro pump. It is odd that everything is working..It even blows it out if all fluid levels in the HST and reservior are correct, not over filled anywhere?

Wonder if there is a line reversed somewhere?...Sounds like a countinuation isn't happening.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #5  
Can you post some pictures under the bed and front and rear...My 1100 isn't the same, but it's comparable I'm sure...Just to look for the obvious.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #6  
The hydro dump is a seperate pump follow hoses outta the plastic tank to pump an aux ports, the res for the hst is the transmission the only other res is for power steering under seat if I remember right!

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #7  
Looked mine over..Appears that there is a hydro pump on the right side of the motor that feeds from its own reservior...The power sterring is a separate pump and the HST seems to not be connected to the hydro pump...

I still can't get my head around this.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs
I couldn't get pictures today but yeah they are seperate systems so it seems but the fluid has to be mixing somewhere. Would there be a seal in the dump pump that could be blown out letting the pressure blow the fluid into the trans? I found parts diagrams but I don't know if that's even possible even though it seems that is all it could be. It's driving me crazy. If I let all the dump reservoir fluid run out it hardly leaks at all which makes me think like this but I don't know where to start unless I just start pulling parts and seeing what it looks like in there.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #9  
I couldn't get pictures today but yeah they are seperate systems so it seems but the fluid has to be mixing somewhere. Would there be a seal in the dump pump that could be blown out letting the pressure blow the fluid into the trans? I found parts diagrams but I don't know if that's even possible even though it seems that is all it could be. It's driving me crazy. If I let all the dump reservoir fluid run out it hardly leaks at all which makes me think like this but I don't know where to start unless I just start pulling parts and seeing what it looks like in there.

I really don't see how it could be getting into the trans...Look for something that looks home-made....It's some tough searching in there to be sure.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #10  
I believe that the early RTV 900 units had the hydraulic pump driven off the transmission. My RTV1100 has a metal tank under the seat with an engine mounted hydraulic pump used for power steering and bed lift and think the newer 900 units are the same. Have heard alot of the plastic tanks on the hydraulics for the 900 with the extra outlets getting hot and melting with extended use.

If the plastic tank on the 900 is loosing fluid and the transmission is getting full you need to look at the SHAFT SEAL on the pump or some where on the pump it is leaking into the sump. This is similar case in tractors where the engine oil gets super full also

David Kb7uns