Running a wood splitter on a Kubota L4240

/ Running a wood splitter on a Kubota L4240 #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I'm thinking about running a hydraulic wood splitter on the 4240. What would be the best way for me to do this, Just hook into a remote? The tractor does not have a detent on the remotes for it to be always on so I guess I would have to use a rope to tie it on?

/ Running a wood splitter on a Kubota L4240 #2  
You could use one of the remote QD's and bungee the lever on.

You could also install a QD on the PB line going to the 3pt and have a log splitter plug in.

/ Running a wood splitter on a Kubota L4240
You could use one of the remote QD's and bungee the lever on.

You could also install a QD on the PB line going to the 3pt and have a log splitter plug in.

I like the idea of using the PB because I could keep the TnT hooked up. Thanks for your help JJ.

/ Running a wood splitter on a Kubota L4240 #4  
To be a little more clear here, you can't do log splitter and 3pt in a series flow as the log splitter valve does not have PB, and the OUT hose goes to tank. Prince does make an auto log splitter valve with PB, but it is expensive.

If you have a dedicated QD for log splitter, you lose 3pt, but you can use a jumper to reconnect the 3pt to the PB QD.

To be a little more clear here, you can't do log splitter and 3pt in a series flow as the log splitter valve does not have PB, and the OUT hose goes to tank. Prince does make an auto log splitter valve with PB, but it is expensive.

If you have a dedicated QD for log splitter, you lose 3pt, but you can use a jumper to reconnect the 3pt to the PB QD.

I may be best off using a remote then.

/ Running a wood splitter on a Kubota L4240 #6  
I may be best off using a remote then.

Probably the best option.

Or mount up a prince PTO pump and tank to make the splitter standalone. But thats more money, but may end up with faster cycle times.

Is a detent kit available for the factory remotes? Might make for a cleaner install than a bungie.

Probably the best option.

Or mount up a prince PTO pump and tank to make the splitter standalone. But thats more money, but may end up with faster cycle times.

Is a detent kit available for the factory remotes? Might make for a cleaner install than a bungie.

A float detent kit is which I have on a remote but that won't do any good. I can unhook the top link to run a splitter. The cost of another remote will pay for a log lift and then some.

I figure I can get a splitter run it off the 4240 a while and then maybe make a pto pump setup or make it run of the ditchwitch eventually.

/ Running a wood splitter on a Kubota L4240 #8  
Here is another option for a log splitter or a BH.

1/2" NPT 20 GPM PRINCE SELECTOR VALVE

Use this valve to switch between the 3pt and the log splitter valve.

You would cut the line going to the 3pt and install the selector valve using compression fittings.

The PB line would go to the IN port on the valve.

The 3pt hose would go to one of the OUTPUTs of the selector valve.

The other OUTPUT port would go to the back with a QD on the end.

When you want 3pt, operate the valve to supply the 3pt.

When you want log splitter, operate the valve to supply the log splitter.

Here is another option for a log splitter or a BH.

1/2" NPT 20 GPM PRINCE SELECTOR VALVE

Use this valve to switch between the 3pt and the log splitter valve.

You would cut the line going to the 3pt and install the selector valve using compression fittings.

The PB line would go to the IN port on the valve.

The 3pt hose would go to one of the OUTPUTs of the selector valve.

The other OUTPUT port would go to the back with a QD on the end.

When you want 3pt, operate the valve to supply the 3pt.

When you want log splitter, operate the valve to supply the log splitter.

I'll keep that in mind. I may need something like that if I run a splitter on the Ditch Witch.