Rural Living? Try Noodling

drssg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700, BX2350
I'm not that rural. What do they do with all those disgusting things? Are they worth eating?

bunyip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 5810 HST
Won't let me view it but noodling here is going through opal mine tailing looking for gems, some do well out of it.

jaxs

Veteran Member
Tractor
841 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,,Ford 600
I'm not that rural. What do they do with all those disgusting things? Are they worth eating?

:laughing:If you think it disgusting that Okies eat those,you should see what Cajuns in Louisiana eat.
I'm not sure how that got started since both states are only separated from Texas by a river. :stirthepot:
I've never been able to pass up an opportunity to gig an Okie.:D I've pulled hundreds of Appaloosa,aka Flatheads,aka Yellow Cat out of Red River (many with help of Okies)and they are delicious.

Gunny

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2920, D1850FD
I used to do a lot of noodling, we'd do two days of it, camping out on the stream bank that night. Quite a lot of fun, but it gets scary at times, especially when you get a large catfish clamping down on your hand, then some serious work involved wrestling it into submission while chest deep in water.
There are several people here that take it seriously and do it all the time. Many of them even go so far as to submerge barrels and pipes in hopes of attracting the fish

OP
2LaneCruzer

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172

My Mom would cut them up like slicing bread, trim the fat and fry them up! Maybe not as good as a 2 pound channel cat, but good!

MossRoad

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

drssg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700, BX2350
:laughing:If you think it disgusting that Okies eat those,you should see what Cajuns in Louisiana eat.
I'm not sure how that got started since both states are only separated from Texas by a river. :stirthepot:
I've never been able to pass up an opportunity to gig an Okie.:D I've pulled hundreds of Appaloosa,aka Flatheads,aka Yellow Cat out of Red River (many with help of Okies)and they are delicious.

OK, I’m glad someone enjoys eating them. I think I’ll pass and leave more for you.

jaxs

Veteran Member
Tractor
841 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,,Ford 600
OK, I’m glad someone enjoys eating them. I think I’ll pass and leave more for you.

Does this mean I get your share of squirrel,crawfish,mountain oysters,bear,squid,flounder and other unattractic but tasty creatures?

drssg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700, BX2350
Does this mean I get your share of squirrel,crawfish,mountain oysters,bear,squid,flounder and other unattractic but tasty creatures?

Absolutely. I don’t even like shrimp! I used them for bait before I ever thought about eating one. They never looked like real food to me.