Rural Living? Try Noodling

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling #2  
I'm not that rural. What do they do with all those disgusting things? Are they worth eating?

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling #3  
Won't let me view it but noodling here is going through opal mine tailing looking for gems, some do well out of it.

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling #4  
I'm not that rural. What do they do with all those disgusting things? Are they worth eating?

:laughing:If you think it disgusting that Okies eat those,you should see what Cajuns in Louisiana eat.
I'm not sure how that got started since both states are only separated from Texas by a river. :stirthepot:
I've never been able to pass up an opportunity to gig an Okie.:D I've pulled hundreds of Appaloosa,aka Flatheads,aka Yellow Cat out of Red River (many with help of Okies)and they are delicious.

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling #5  
I used to do a lot of noodling, we'd do two days of it, camping out on the stream bank that night. Quite a lot of fun, but it gets scary at times, especially when you get a large catfish clamping down on your hand, then some serious work involved wrestling it into submission while chest deep in water.
There are several people here that take it seriously and do it all the time. Many of them even go so far as to submerge barrels and pipes in hopes of attracting the fish

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling

My Mom would cut them up like slicing bread, trim the fat and fry them up! Maybe not as good as a 2 pound channel cat, but good!

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling #7  
   / Rural Living? Try Noodling #8  
:laughing:If you think it disgusting that Okies eat those,you should see what Cajuns in Louisiana eat.
I'm not sure how that got started since both states are only separated from Texas by a river. :stirthepot:
I've never been able to pass up an opportunity to gig an Okie.:D I've pulled hundreds of Appaloosa,aka Flatheads,aka Yellow Cat out of Red River (many with help of Okies)and they are delicious.

OK, I’m glad someone enjoys eating them. I think I’ll pass and leave more for you.

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling #9  
OK, I’m glad someone enjoys eating them. I think I’ll pass and leave more for you.

Does this mean I get your share of squirrel,crawfish,mountain oysters,bear,squid,flounder and other unattractic but tasty creatures?

/ Rural Living? Try Noodling #10  
Does this mean I get your share of squirrel,crawfish,mountain oysters,bear,squid,flounder and other unattractic but tasty creatures?

Absolutely. I don’t even like shrimp! I used them for bait before I ever thought about eating one. They never looked like real food to me.