Salem Farm Supply Annual Spring Auction

/ Salem Farm Supply Annual Spring Auction
Hi Barry,

Welcome....Great to see you joining the discussion forums.

Salem Farm Supply is a big auction, some decent stuff...some junk, but it's all educational and if you're still in the planning stages on looking what to buy someday in terms of a compact tractor, then this might be a good opportunity to attend. Chat with the folks, look over the machinery, and get a feel for the prices. I'd certainly recommend holding off a week and traveling up here the weekend of March 30th, considering that your place is so close by.

Don't know if I'll be able to attend. Trying to get over a bout of bronchial infection and flu for the past month. If the weather is warm, then I can tolerate the outdoors. If it's a cold day, I might pass this one by. But, certainly consider attending this one...it's one of the bigger ones in our area.

Let me know if you need help of any kind with info on contractors, etc. I believe you have my phone number.

Bob

/ Salem Farm Supply Annual Spring Auction #12  
Tha's another reason why I'm inclined to skip the trip this weekend - been fighting the same thing for weeks (my wife says months) and the forecast isn't for that nice 60+degree weather that I'd prefer.
I'll touch base with you before the auction anyway.
Barry

/ Salem Farm Supply Annual Spring Auction #13  
I got my new Brush Bull delivered Saturday (along w/ my TC 40D /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif). I didn't get to use it much because of the rain, but I sure was happy with it what little I did use it.

--Brad

Barry -- Likely a wise decision. They're calling for low temps this weekend in the single digits in Cambridge with highs on Saturday only around 20. Stay warm and well!!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Brad --

I assume you bought it at Salem Farm Supply. How are they on retail prices...for the Brush Bull that is?

/ Salem Farm Supply Annual Spring Auction #16  
Sorry, I was a little off topic. I had replied to Mike's question about the Brush Bull's price about a week ago, but I didn't have mine yet.

I bought it in Virginia.

My wife does work in Salem (Salem, Virginia that is /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif).

/ Salem Farm Supply Annual Spring Auction #17  
Hi, Barry! Like Bob said, glad to see our other Cambridge resident (at least resident to be) on line. The Salem auction is usually good. Unfortunately, McFadden's auction is the same day, and since I'm looking for a specific type of tractor, I have to decide which one I have a better chance of getting my second tractor at. I might go to either one.

Keep in touch!

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been.: