salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe?

/ salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe? #2  
I don't know how you'd neutralize salt. The first one indicates it neutralizes corrosion film. Try washing your vehicle more often with special attention to rinsing upon completion.

/ salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe? #3  
It's the underneath which really needs attention... there's always a few nooks and crannies which collect road debris, and those are where they rot. As Roadworthy says, it's pretty hard to neutralize salt; the best that you can do is keep it from vulnerable surfaces. Or move south, below the rust belt... I hear that Hunt4570 is looking for a few good neighbors. :stirthepot:

/ salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe? #4  
I've never tried the "neutralizers" because I've never seen a credible, independent supporting report.

My experience with "undercoating" has been mediocre.

My experience with light viscosity rust preventers (Krown, Fluid Film...) has been very good. It requires drilling holes to get it into the hidden cavities that love to rot out from water and salt. Re-apply yearly.

/ salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe? #6  
You might check with marine dealers...there are many different products for those that boat and fish in sat water...many offer concentrated products for large applications...not just fishing tackle etc...

/ salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe? #8  
Funny how we disdain chloride in our rims, but when it's sprayed liberally on dirt roads to keep dust down we want to blame de-icing salt. (Welcome to MI)

Know your salts! NaCl is hygroscopic at 80% humidity, CaCl above 20%. Getting chlorided road dust on your car/truck will do far more damage in mild temps than road salt will in cold ones.

Dust from chlorided roads will cling and collect moisture in humidity above 20%. That's why CaCl has been used for ages to dehmidify basememts and covered boats and to keep dust down on roads by 'dampening' surfaces atmospherically.

Guys who only drive roadsters and rods on warm sunny days, to cruises, etc learn to avoid MI's dirt roads. When will the rest of us catch on?

/ salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe? #9  
You go back to basic chemistry. You neutralize a salt with an acid.
If you look at the Material Data Safety Sheet for the product, what do you see listed?
CHEMICAL FORMULATION: Inorganic acid solution
Sulfamic Acid < 5.00%

Umm, not quite. Acids combine with bases to make salts. Salts are pH neutral but promote corrosion by essentially creating an electrochemical battery with the steel in your car.

/ salt neutralizer yes/no/maybe?

I am glad to see i am not the only one on the fence. However based on the above, I may not be gaining a lot buy using it however i am no loosing. Is the reason i have no rust under the doors or any of usual places because of the neutralizer or because I maybe washing more? don't know, it however appears it might be working and I am going to continue the use. Thanks for the information.