Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #1  

pinetree10

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2720
I went to the Empire Farm Days show this week and had the opportunity to look at and sit on a number of different compact utility tractors all in one place. For those who are not familiar with this event, it's a huge show with millions of dollars worth of equipment on display from new pickup trucks and dairy farmer equipment to four-wheelers and tractors large and small. It was a unique opportunity to try out the levers, see the various styles and locations of the foot pedals, see how comfortable (or uncomfortable) the seat is, and take in the variety of views from the seat, from the design of the loader arms to the layout on the dash. It was surprising how very different some of the tractors are laid out and how different some of them feel when reaching for the different levers or even getting on and off the seat.

If I remember correctly, I sat on Mahindra, LS, Kubota, John Deere, New Holland, Massey-Ferguson, and Case. I would have liked to see Yanmar there but for some reason they were not represented. Nothing like getting to check out what all the companies have to offer without driving from dealer to dealer. Now that I've owned and used my tractor for the past few months I had a little experience behind the wheel and was able to compare the design of my tractor to the others I looked at. They're all nice machines and it really comes down to some combination of price, capability, and personal preference.

As you can see from the attached photos, there were some big money items there too. A little big for my 2 1/2 acres but still pretty cool to look at.

Case 1.jpgSpreader.jpgAttachment.jpgCase 2.jpg

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #2  
We were there too. Saw the DHH booth in one of the tents, complete with a TBN logo on the bottom:
IMAG0329 (Custom).jpg

Aaron Z

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #3  
I'm jealous....would love to check out a show like that! Did they have anything new that isn't on dealer lots yet?

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show
Good question. I was not aware of anything like that but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I recall that there were impressive displays for Deere, Kubota, and Case. They each brought a significant number of tractors with them from the smallest to the largest. Maybe someone else with more in-depth knowledge of specific brands can answer your question.

Doesn't your state have such a show somewhere? I would think there's a major farm presence there.

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #5  
That looks great. I wish I had known, that is not far from me.

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show
It runs for three days every August with a giant auction on the third day. By giant I mean full size excavators, bulldozers, pickup trucks. skid steers, dump trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, and a number of attachments and miscellaneous items. I've never stayed for the auction but I'm told it goes well into the night and it's very popular.

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #7  
Good question. I was not aware of anything like that but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I recall that there were impressive displays for Deere, Kubota, and Case. They each brought a significant number of tractors with them from the smallest to the largest. Maybe someone else with more in-depth knowledge of specific brands can answer your question.

Doesn't your state have such a show somewhere? I would think there's a major farm presence there.

There is definitely a major presence, but I think the next farm show is in July of 2014, and it's a couple of hours away :-(

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #8  
What town was that in??
I wish TBN had a section "farm/equipment shows" with all the dates/places.....:thumbsup::D

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #9  
See Home
The address is: Rodman Lott and Son Farms, 2973 State Route 414, Seneca Falls, NY 13148.

Aaron Z

/ Saw lots of brands at the New York State Empire Farm Days show #10  
What town was that in??
I wish TBN had a section "farm/equipment shows" with all the dates/places.....:thumbsup::D

I would love to see such a listing,:thumbsup: That's the way I like to compare equipment much easier that touring the dealers lots and lots of new Ideas. Also the wife always finds something to keep her interested while I look at tractors and equipment!:D:laughing::D