Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Wasn't sure what I was looking at when I saw the rear Gull Wing doors open and then realized the SUV is the new Model X Tesla...

Looks like 7 passenger with tree row seating.

Did notice a small trailer hitch... curious as to what the tow capacity rating is for the first all electric SUV.

I've read class III which should equal 8500 lbs

Factory site says 5,000 lbs towing and 250+ range... and over 700 lbs of torque with a 155 mph top speed...

Model X | Tesla Motors

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #2  
According to Edmunds.com the MSRP is a mere $142,200

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today.
Yep... maybe why I have not seen any until now... end of September 2015 was the first delivery...

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #4  
The website says it'll to 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

Holy $}{|T!!

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today.
Almost Cobra territory in terms of speed....

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #6  
Almost Cobra territory in terms of speed....

Unless you've upgraded the tires from stock, there's no way a RWD can garner enough traction to do 0-60 in less than 3.5. Pretty much anything that's under 3.5 seconds for 0 to 60MPH is AWD or setting on true drag slicks.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #7  
Unless you've upgraded the tires from stock, there's no way a RWD can garner enough traction to do 0-60 in less than 3.5. Pretty much anything that's under 3.5 seconds for 0 to 60MPH is AWD or setting on true drag slicks.
It is all wheel drive and they never specified what tires it had on it.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #8  
We've had a Tesla charging station at our nearby mall for several years now. We've seen ONE at it ONE time, ONCE. :laughing:

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #9  
I think Edmunds towed an off road style teardrop camper with it and it got the equivalent of 15 mpg when you convert the cost of the electricity used to the cost of gas. They also had to unhook the trailer whenever they wanted to use one of the superchargers (which was quite often).

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #10