Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Let's see what you've got!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #2  
Here is mine:

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
I guess that I should have posted mine first... :D IMG_1483[1].JPG

^^^^^
THAT'S what I'm talking about! Nice setup. Is that a Norwood?

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #7  
Looks like an efficient setup Mr. Billrog.

Are there any layout changes you would make if you built it over again?

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #8  
Yes it's a Norwood fortunately they had good service 20 yrs ago , which is now a thing of the past evidently. BackRoad as far as the mill building goes the only thing I would do is more roof but space is limited.
Ordered the mill and got busy preparing a sight before it arrived.
1646684611339.jpeg

I looked at plenty of mills before setting it up the way I'd like it eg. I load the logs from the opposite side most small mills do . The 1st winter I sawed enough birch to pay for the mill , I was younger and more ambitious.
1646684857064.jpeg

I'd take a lunch and thermos and stay till dark every day.
1646685289666.jpeg

The loading dock is easily moved to pick up the saw dust.
1646685432332.jpeg

I soon got tired of handling lumber and bought a forklift.
1646685606804.jpeg

You can get a pile of slabs in a hurry so I bundle them up to sell.
1646685790434.jpeg

More than happy to answer and questions . I have to get back at it now as it's only this time of yr. we're allowed to burn and there's plenty to clean up in the woods.

Looks like it needs a few more parts. Lol
Oh, it's complete. I was amazed at how they could package a sawmill so that it would fit in the back of my small pickup. Now I just need to wait until spring, so that I can make a flat surface to assemble it on. 👍
Yes it's a Norwood
Several TBN members have Norwoods and speak highly of them.
Thank you for taking the time to post pictures of how you are set up. I am looking for good ideas, as I decide what to do with mine.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #10  
Really glad to see this thread started.

I just ordered the solar fans for my kiln and they will arrive this week. (was waiting for the price to drop some) . The kiln will hopefully be built this summer . I will be ordering a woodland mills HM130 Max with extension in 2-3 months. I figure that's when I will have all my pennies saved up for the purchase :). I hate charging stuff on credit so we have been saving for a while for this one. The local building inspector said we could build our shop/garage with our own sawn lumber so that will be a huge savings. Pics when purchased.