Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Really glad to see this thread started.

I just ordered the solar fans for my kiln and they will arrive this week. (was waiting for the price to drop some) . The kiln will hopefully be built this summer . I will be ordering a woodland mills HM130 Max with extension in 2-3 months. I figure that's when I will have all my pennies saved up for the purchase :). I hate charging stuff on credit so we have been saving for a while for this one. The local building inspector said we could build our shop/garage with our own sawn lumber so that will be a huge savings. Pics when purchased.
I've wanted a mill for years and sold a piece of property last year, making just enough profit to order Woodmizer's bottom of the line model. I ordered it on March 25, it finally came in on October 25, and I had so much going on then that I didn't have time to set it up before winter. Years ago I subscribed to Sawmill Magazine and still have the back issues someplace. They had some really good ideas, including a big writeup on solar vs conventional kilns.

My neighbor bought a Woodland Mill last year. He didn't wait anywhere near as long as I did and his came assembled. They had a minor issue with it, but contacted the factory which sent a replacement part immediately, no questions asked. The mills are made in China but made to company specs, which is based in the USA. (I believe that it's owned by an ex-Marine, who gives preference to veterans when hiring.)

I would like to see a sawmill forum here and had been holding off on starting this thread, but so far it hasn't materialized.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #12  
Subscribing

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
I thought Woodland Mills was a Canadian company?

SR
I must have confused them with another company.
I hope that you can add to this thread. We've seen a plethora of pictures of you working your sawmill, but none of the auxiliary buildings.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #16  
We got our 1990 Woodmizer LT40 back up and churning out lumber. She can still get it done.

Attachments

• Sawmill 1.jpg
    Sawmill 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 340
  • Sawmill 2.jpg
    Sawmill 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 326
  • Sawmill 3.jpg
    Sawmill 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 303
  • Sawmill 4.jpg
    Sawmill 4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 299
  • Sawmill 5.jpg
    Sawmill 5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 295
  • Sawmill 6.jpg
    Sawmill 6.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 277
  • Sawmill 7.jpg
    Sawmill 7.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 283
  • Sawmill 9.jpg
    Sawmill 9.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 283
  • Sawmill 8.jpg
    Sawmill 8.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 271
  • Sawmill 10.jpg
    Sawmill 10.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 336
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #17  
Nothing fancy but works

Attachments

• 20160611_140024.jpg
    20160611_140024.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 225
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #18  
I'm only a couple years into sawing but wanted a mill forever. I started this building for the mill last summer.
20211103_161030.jpg

20211029_133454.jpg

It spent the winter under roof but I only managed to get the logs cut and out of the woods (for the siding) before the snow set in.
20211130_154210.jpg

20211130_152029.jpg

I found a Timberking b-20 (2000 vintage) that was only hobby used by the original owner. He passed away and his son carefully repainted it and replaced all of the hydraulic lines and even ordered the factory graphics and warning stickers, I think in honor of his dad and the time they spent together sawing.
20211019_090612.jpg

20200904_081634.jpg

It came with about 50 blades, a sharpener, tooth setter and a bevel siding jig and I'm sure that I'll be able to get that back if it comes to that.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #19  
I thought Woodland Mills was a Canadian company?

SR
Canadian company. China manufactures their products to company specs. I have a chipper and a neighbour has a mill. Excellent product and super customer service

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #20  
Canadian company. China manufactures their products to company specs. I have a chipper and a neighbour has a mill. Excellent product and super customer service
I have their stump grinder...

They copy some of the good features of known quality products, so they should be of at least decent quality products.

SR