Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #191  
Where does the saw dust go to? My Timbery saw dust goes to opposite side I load logs on. Jon
Spits out the load side so it shoots outside.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #192  
Yep same here, 8 days from "Place Order" on the laptop to the driveway. If the $#@&ing rain would stop maybe I could finish setting it up.
I ordered mine June 27th. On July 4th I was told that my order was in the warehouse and it would take 3 weeks to put the order together and ship. Just set up delivery for July 27th. I think everyone's experience depends on what they ordered, when shipments come in and where they are shipping too. I ordered more than just the mill so while the mill may have come in they may have been waiting on some other item on my order since they ship it all at once. If you are lucky you might place an order right after they receive a shipment which might have units that have not been sold yet. Then I can see a quick turnaround time.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #193  
Where does the saw dust go to? My Timbery saw dust goes to opposite side I load logs on. Jon
Haven't read through the thread but I have seen so many videos and I simply do not see many sawdust management systems. I think a bucket hanging under the chute is about as creative as I have seen.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Haven't read through the thread but I have seen so many videos and I simply do not see many sawdust management systems. I think a bucket hanging under the chute is about as creative as I have seen.
8DEC9FDE-41FF-47F5-B88C-311B4F9AF628.jpegHere’s mine. ;)

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
D54E27EB-6D85-465B-AFC4-8EC9BE764640.jpeg I thought that bouncingthe blade off a log stop is something I'd only do once... it turns out that I was wrong. :( The worst part was that I thought I'd hit a knot, so backed up and tried again.

Last edited:
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #197  
View attachment 757463 I thought that bouncingthe blade off a log stop is something I'd only do once... it turns out that I was wrong. :( The worst part was that I thought I'd hit a knot, so backed up and tried again.
My biggest more than once mistake is finishing the cut and not raising the blade enough for the return trip while sawing a cant into boards. 🤪
My log stops and dog have quite a few battle scars from the original owner, enough to remind me.
I've got most of the framing done on the lean to on my sawmill building. Purlins for the roof metal and trimming off the rafter tails and fascia boards are next. The weather is the deciding factor when this gets done. I've put my time in in the heat when I had work obligations, those days (having to) are over and the past 3 weeks this farking heat has me quitting at lunch when I loose the shade.
20220803_120245.jpg

20220807_090015.jpg

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #198  
Making some decent progress, with just about $100 into the structure. May have to actually have to buy a roof since I don't seem to have any mild steel trees to mill.

sm5.jpg

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #199  
I'm closing in on the last hunk of my building. This 16x42 lean to should be a handy space for seasonal attachments and other crap that hopefully keeps the main space fairly "clean" so when a sawing project comes up it's not a major re arrangement job for sawing a log or two.
20220813_142335.jpg

20220803_115453.jpg

20220807_090015.jpg

This last 3 weeks of miserable heat didn't help my progress, in fact it shut my down around noon if I even got started. 😝

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #200  
I'm closing in on the last hunk of my building. This 16x42 lean to should be a handy space for seasonal attachments and other crap that hopefully keeps the main space fairly "clean" so when a sawing project comes up it's not a major re arrangement job for sawing a log or two.
View attachment 758255
View attachment 758258
View attachment 758260
This last 3 weeks of miserable heat didn't help my progress, in fact it shut my down around noon if I even got started. 😝
I hear you on the heat issue. I have been slowed down a bunch because I can only work in the mornings on the weekends preparing a spot down in the woods for our Woodland mills 130 max mill. It gets way to hot for me usually from 12 o'clock on . All the grunt work is done now and I can begin assembling the 6x6 base for it this weekend . My mill has been sitting in the crate for around 2 months now . Cart before the horse but a Wooden shelter will come after the mill is up and running. That is a nice large area you have . Thumbs up.

Last edited: