Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #311  
Photos of a sawmill in AZ that I visited on Friday.
Every time I see places like this in operation, this is what I hear:

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
but I am also gonna be dropping trees in earnest for our projects!
I was supposed to be cleaning up my log pile yesterday so that I could put the mill away and work on other things, but first I had to go out and cut one more cedar. It costs almost as much for diesel to bring one tree out as four, so I cut a couple of hemlock down also. Now I have more to saw than when I started... :D

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #313  
I was supposed to be cleaning up my log pile yesterday so that I could put the mill away and work on other things, but first I had to go out and cut one more cedar. It costs almost as much for diesel to bring one tree out as four, so I cut a couple of hemlock down also. Now I have more to saw than when I started... :D
You say it like it is a bad thing

😂🤣

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #314  
Ready for tin.
3202D21C-0F2D-467C-803D-18BE1F33B6B1.jpeg

Attachments

• 3866C202-1554-48C4-AA33-CE43BB91D04E.jpeg
    3866C202-1554-48C4-AA33-CE43BB91D04E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 60
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
I sawed out a couple of logs I had cut last weekend... one cedar and a hemlock. I've been using Sawyer Rob's suggestion of hosing the logs off which works well. I don't have the reservoir he does to use my 5HP 2" pump, but spending a little more time with a garden hose and brushing it off works well. Today I also used my Indian tank for touch up... that works well without a nozzle.

Of course keeping them from the mud is also helpful, yet I've picked up dirt from rain splashing it up onto the logs.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #319  
I sawed out a couple of logs I had cut last weekend... one cedar and a hemlock. I've been using Sawyer Rob's suggestion of hosing the logs off which works well. I don't have the reservoir he does to use my 5HP 2" pump, but spending a little more time with a garden hose and brushing it off works well. Today I also used my Indian tank for touch up... that works well without a nozzle.

Of course keeping them from the mud is also helpful, yet I've picked up dirt from rain splashing it up onto the logs.
Ya got a pressure washer?

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #320  
Higher volume is much better than pressure. Pressure drives the dirt deeper into the bark, unless you have major pressure and blow the bark off and that's something I don't like to do.

SR