Scam alert

Item Details
Item status
  1. Sold
If you post a wanted item, please be cautious with the responses you might get. I got scammed from a member on this site thinking they would be legit. Shame on me for trusting people. I paid for the item and now they have done the disappearing act. It’s a shame you can’t trust people anymore.

IMG_5860.JPG

/ Scam alert #11  
@matoyan ;
While I sympathize with your dilemma, dragging someone else into this suggesting we send payment requests to this account is not a good idea.
Have you proceeded as Zelle describes on their www site?

/ Scam alert #12  
You can't be too cautious. I know that when I look at anything online, whether it be here or Facebook, I look at the seller profile. If the profile is recent or they have fewer that 100 posts I would shy away.

/ Scam alert #14  
You can't be too cautious. I know that when I look at anything online, whether it be here or Facebook, I look at the seller profile. If the profile is recent or they have fewer that 100 posts I would shy away.
I, too, judge a book by it's cover in that sense. My wife hated when I had people come over to buy stuff. Always packing, although everyone I met on CL was fine upstanding folk. I pack just in case.

/ Scam alert #15  
I've sold one implement on a local CL. Cash only deal. Went well. Sold in less than four hours.

Around these parts there just are NO used implements of the smaller size. If you want/need a 24 bottom overturn plow - plenty of those available. And many implements of that same size.

/ Scam alert #16  
Sorry to hear that Matoyan. I have a “wanted” query on this forum site and a member gave me an email address to an individual who I contacted. He had exactly what I wanted, I happen to have a relative that lived near where he said he was located and when I told him I wanted my cousin to look at it all he replied was “how do you want to proceed” as in when are you gonna buy it. I asked him repeatedly why he was dodging my requests for allowing my representative to look at it. He would not give me his name, how he was going to ship it, just wanted me to send $$ via Zelle. At that point I told him that the only way I would buy it was for my cousin to give him the money and take possession of the impement. He said I was gunshy, I said yup.

Last edited:
   / Scam alert #17  
It could be a spoof with someone that was hacked.

My property manager sent out urgent email about water damage with a link for pictures...

All a scam that went out to everyone in address book.

/ Scam alert
Sorry to hear that Matoyan. I have a “wanted” query on this forum site and a member gave me an email address to an individual who I contacted. He had exactly what I wanted, I happen to have a relative that lived near where he said he was located and when I told him I wanted my cousin to look at it all he replied was “how do you want to proceed” as in when are you gonna buy it. I asked him repeatedly why he was dodging my requests for allowing my representative to look at it. He would not give me his name, how he was going to ship it, just wanted me to send $$ via Zelle. At that point I told him that the only way I would buy it was for my cousin to give him the money and take possession of the impement. He said I was gunshy, I said yup.

It’s been 2 weeks now and I am still upset that I fell for it. All the warning signs were there but I needed the part so somehow I chose to look past it. It’s just sad that peoples word mean nothing and you can’t trust what they say. I remember when a handshake and a person word was better than anything. Oh well, this is the new world we live in and this is a first world problem.

/ Scam alert #19  
For some it’s a game of who can I scam today and they enjoy it…

Don’t be to hard on yourself but the sting won’t go away overnight.

A friend that never gambles says he lost $800 in Vegas but he never gambles???

Just his way for being duped on a supposedly rebuilt engine that wasn’t

/ Scam alert #20  
There is no TBN member with the name that I can find.

Ceeco888

Have you sent a PM to Muhammad, the owner of TBN?